• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Medical facilities are inherently no gun . The exception would be if Dr Hair was Owner of the facility . ( Or one other method I won't say publicly )
    Since my doctors are all in Bloodymore City, they should expect to see armed patients frequently.

Would they prefer I open carry a machete or better yet, a spear?!

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    How did the doctor react?
    She laughed, nervously. She asked me if I felt I needed it in her office and that led to a nice conversation. Can't say she won't be nervous of guns still but she I think she understands a bit better.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I will talk to my brothers on some signage on carrying on our property

But my one employee carry’s during business hours. I encouraged him to get his permit.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This strikes me as an excellent low-key design which is unlikely to upset the hoplophobes:

img_6836-jpeg.429453

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Medical facilities are inherently no gun . The exception would be if Dr Hair was Owner of the facility . ( Or one other method I won't say publicly )
    Doctor’s offices are not prohibited, currently. After Oct 1, they would fall under the other businesses prohibition (sign required) or if they are in a hospital facility.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I encountered cops for the first time while concealed carrying. Obviously they didn’t know I was carrying and there was no issue, but it was a little weird for me.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Martin’s in Eldersburg, also, only requests not open carrying.

View attachment 429445
    View attachment 429453
    This past thanksgiving my wife kept making fun of me when I carried while I went and bought all our food at Martin's. Our family had to cancel thanksgiving, so we stayed home and ate.

I believe her line was "to protect yourself from all the gang activity in Martin's?" to which I replied, "yes, tons of gang stuff. I need it in case I have to return fire"

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The probability of ever using your gun is extremely low, no matter what or where.

It is simply not possible to assess risk. Our assessment is purely subjective, and will certainly be unrealistic. Places we think are dangerous may actually present no threat, and places we "feel" to be safe (because of familiarity, normality bias, etc) may be the site of an armed attack or mass shooting.

The Luby’s Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas seemed safe enough. Who would expect a gunfight in a church? This store is in a nice neighborhood, and I've shopped here 1000 times.

If we carry based on a perceived probability of a threat, it makes sense to either never carry at all, or always carry. The least reasonable approach is to carry only sometimes, based on our feelings or prejudices.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Where is that sign located?
    Walmart’s are at the entrance doors. It is simply text intermixed with other unrelated information. You kind of have to hunt for the sentence. I think they do that so it is posted, but doesn’t draw the attention of those who would protest.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It didn't take the Corporate Retail world long to get into scrambled word salads. Lol

Miles on here made a comment about a ShopRite/Kleins grocery store in Riverside/Harford county having a sign, I was nearby and needed some grocery stuff one day so I checked it out.

Placed at the most unusual location ever, you step in from outside and before the second set of doors to go in a random yellow sign near the bottom of a window/wall partition.

It said something like "We do not tolerate" and then one of things on the list was "carrying of unauthorized weapons"

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    It didn't take the Corporate Retail world long to get into scrambled word salads. Lol

Miles on here made a comment about a ShopRite/Kleins grocery store in Riverside/Harford county having a sign, I was nearby and needed some grocery stuff one day so I checked it out.

Placed at the most unusual location ever, you step in from outside and before the second set of doors to go in a random yellow sign near the bottom of a window/wall partition.

It said something like "We do not tolerate" and then one of things on the list was "carrying of unauthorized weapons"

What do the consider unauthorized? Are they saying they have to give you authorization or are they saying WC Permit holders are all considered authorized?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom