Littlestown Fish & Game Sporting Clays - Anybody Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Guilty

Me, too.

This has been an issue for me too. Get them dark enough to be effective in the open sunny stations, then they are too dark in the woods. Light enough for the woods and your blinded on the open shots.

He did great!

BTW - I'm a NRA Shotgun and NSCA Level I Instructor and I'd love to work with your son (...kids) with their shotgunning skills. Not looking to charge, just like to work with kids and seeing those huge smiles.......

P.S. I will make him (them) the same offer I make all the youngsters I work with....

"Don't worry about getting home if you beat Dad. I'll see to it you get home....."

BTW - while I have never actually had to take anyone home after they out shot a Parent. I did come close one time when a 19 year old soldier home on leave, who had never shot trap before, beat his MOM on his second round.

It 'twas a tad bit warm!!!

Then it was a successful day!!!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Mack, you are more than welcome to give my son pointers. Additional advice beyond mine cannot be a bad thing. Also, I noticed the NSCA I instructor patch on the back of your shooting vest.

When my son beats me shooting, it will be just like it was a couple months ago in soccer. We were scrimmaging and we were on different teams. I called for the ball and made the cardinal mistake of not closing to the pass like I constantly tell the kids they need to do. My son anticipated the pass and intercepted it in stride. I barely caught up to him as he was winding up for a shot on goal. No idea if my footsteps caused him to miss or not, but I was pissed at myself and beaming with pride at the same time. I was smiling the entire way home with him in the passenger seat.

My dad was a great shot, and then I started beating him on the dove fields and clay fields in my mid teens. To get a compliment from my dad is a tough endeavor. Think I can count the number of compliments I have received from him on one hand. There we were one night about 20 years ago at a friend's house for dinner. Most of the men there, with a single exception, were hunting buddies. The non-hunter had been asking us a bunch of questions about hunting and then asked, "So, who is the best shot out of you guys." My dad immediately said, "My son". I about dropped my spoon in my bowl. The rest of the guys agreed. I was embarrassed. I had been waterfowling with one of the guys the week before and he added, "Fabs and I went hunting last week and before I knew it, we had 10 geese and 3 mallard drakes laying outside the blind and I don't think I killed a single one." Think I started turning red at that point.

I am looking forward to the same type of experience with my son and my daughters. Looking forward to limiting out in an hour or less, then heading out for breakfast like my dad and I used to do.

MdShooters152.jpg
    MdShooters153.jpg

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Mack, you are more than welcome to give my son pointers. Additional advice beyond mine cannot be a bad thing. Also, I noticed the NSCA I instructor patch on the back of your shooting vest.

When my son beats me shooting, it will be just like it was a couple months ago in soccer. We were scrimmaging and we were on different teams. I called for the ball and made the cardinal mistake of not closing to the pass like I constantly tell the kids they need to do. My son anticipated the pass and intercepted it in stride. I barely caught up to him as he was winding up for a shot on goal. No idea if my footsteps caused him to miss or not, but I was pissed at myself and beaming with pride at the same time. I was smiling the entire way home with him in the passenger seat.

My dad was a great shot, and then I started beating him on the dove fields and clay fields in my mid teens. To get a compliment from my dad is a tough endeavor. Think I can count the number of compliments I have received from him on one hand. There we were one night about 20 years ago at a friend's house for dinner. Most of the men there, with a single exception, were hunting buddies. The non-hunter had been asking us a bunch of questions about hunting and then asked, "So, who is the best shot out of you guys." My dad immediately said, "My son". I about dropped my spoon in my bowl. The rest of the guys agreed. I was embarrassed. I had been waterfowling with one of the guys the week before and he added, "Fabs and I went hunting last week and before I knew it, we had 10 geese and 3 mallard drakes laying outside the blind and I don't think I killed a single one." Think I started turning red at that point.

I am looking forward to the same type of experience with my son and my daughters. Looking forward to limiting out in an hour or less, then heading out for breakfast like my dad and I used to do.

View attachment 370656 View attachment 370657
    Sounds like your Dad and Mine would have been two peas in a Pod!!! Atta Boys were far and few between. I have several Certificates, an AA degree, and a Bachelors, the biggest smile and compliment I ever received from him was at my Apprenticeship Graduation, and his Son was a Journeyman Electrician. He didn't really appreciate the College stuff, but as a Production Mechanic he always thought highly of two trades, Machinists and Electricians, and now his son was an Electrician.

I learned to shoot a shotgun with him throwing endless targets, first with a hand trap, then a small trap mounted on an old tire. He spent so much time throwing, I was pretty much on my own figuring out what I was doing. But, I have many fond memories of hunting, fishing, and target shooting with him. But, I still have a long way to go to match/beat his 167 target streak in Trap!!! Damn I miss him.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom