• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B@Dfi$H

Nov 9, 2009
    the ranchhood
    can we make a list of livescan locations that can actually do the prints and get them to the msp?

i tried
    United Security & Communications, Inc.
    5415 Southern Maryland Blvd.
    Wayson’s Corner (Lothian), MD 20711

they cant to the prints for the hql they dont have the correct software as of 3 pm on oct 1 ,,nice lady's there said it would be a week or so
    before they could get the patch

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I'll tell you tomorrow after I get scanned. Don't have that long for lunch and don't want to wait in a long line. I would have done it today but I didn't think the HQL application page would be up and running. Yeah, my faith in government is that bad.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    This sounds like it calls for another google doc like the list of dealers releasing on-time.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    They are listed on MSP website.

I went to one on their list closest to my home - ellicott city - and MSP has received same.

B@Dfi$H

Nov 9, 2009
    the ranchhood
    i think you missed my point,,,,,,,,,got the livescan location from the msp site spent 2 hours of my day driving round trip,,,,,,,,to find out the location listed on the msp site COULD NOT DO THE PRINTS for the hql, they don't have the correct software.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013

My pleasure - just trying to help others with process since I was an early morning guinea pig. The system is working allot better now that at 12:01AM this morning.

My application has completed all background check stages with only photo left to complete.

To bad our firearms purchases weren't automated versus fax'ed and carbon copies

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    I suppose I am fortunate that I do not need an HQL and Safety Course due to my military status. Can anyone comment to the fact that finger prints will still be required through Live Scan prior to purchasing a handgun?

Thanks in advance.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I suppose I am fortunate that I do not need an HQL and Safety Course due to my military status. Can anyone comment to the fact that finger prints will still be required through Live Scan prior to purchasing a handgun?

Thanks in advance.

I would say no since you do not need a HQL license.

Exceptions to possession of the HQL License
    A Licensed Firearms Manufacturer.
    Active law enforcement officer or a person retired in good standing from a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or a local law enforcement agency of the State.
    Active or retired member of the United States Armed Forces or National Guard and possesses a valid military identification card.
    A person purchasing, renting or receiving an antique, curio or relic as defined in federal law.
    Maryland licensed firearms dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom