• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    At this point I would make sure to tell any not releasing that any business will go to those who will. Personally F them if they don't want your business. It is probably the same dealers who insist that anything with a magazine and vertical grip is regulated.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The problem with this is the list is changing just about every hr. I have emails, posts and PM flying in left and right. IDK how but i even got a phone call.. i dont even have my number public on this site ?!

So the work docs is a good idea but its a little tedious to be changing it every time we get an update and then upload another. Plus then well have people messaging about how they dont match up.

maybe create a Public Google Doc and post the link , no constant uploading just updates

SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    FFL's need to start reading the laws.

from the FBI's website (empahsis mine):
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/federal-firearms-licensees/a-nics-delay

Applicable Federal Regulations

28 Code of Federal Regulation Part 25—The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)

Section 25.2—Definition of “Open” transaction:

“Open” means those non-canceled transactions where the FFL has not been notified of the final determination. In cases of “open” responses, the NICS continues researching potentially prohibiting records regarding the transferee and, if definitive information is obtained, communicates to the FFL the final determination that the check resulted in a proceed or a deny. An “open” response does not prohibit an FFL from transferring a firearm after three business days have elapsed since the FFL provided to the system the identifying information about the prospective transferee.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    1)Christian Soldier, Parkville, MD
    2)Not releasing prior to MSP paperwork at the moment, They have sent multiple requests for clarification from MSP on the 8th day release update but have not heard anyhting back.
    3)6-5-2012, 6:00 pm, Owner

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    My friend called Worth a Shot a couple days ago because he is waiting on a revolver. They told him no, they aren't releasing because it is illegal.

Tell worth a shot that they should know the law which coincide with their profression. That a 8th day release isn't illegal. I hate how some of stupid ffls's keep saying that 8th day release is illegal. They can go to MD general Assembly http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home
    And check the state laws for themselves or any state law in MD as a matter of fact. Dumb ffls keep telling people that releasing 8th is illegal. They need to know their craft laws.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sockgirl77

Pervinerdi
    Mar 5, 2013
    St. Mary's County.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87237&d=1370498831I will be updating this post with any information pertaining to the 7 day wait fiasco.

All Pawn, White Plains: Change Pending

Longest Recorded Wait: 90 days 3/7-6/4 Atlantic Guns(Scarab)
    Post your wait if you can top the current one. Include dealer and buy date- pickup date

What exactly are they saying now that made this change to "Change Pending"? I searched for a post from you about it, but cannot find one.

Day 87, nearing the record. :mad54:

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    GunRunners is still my best option -

I certainly hope he has a change of heart with regard to the new 8th day release policy. I'm very disappointed he's digging his heels in on this, I've been a loyal customer of theirs for 5+ years and have about 15 "regulated" transactions under my belt with them, plus numerous non-regulated purchases, so it's not like I'm some questionable character or a new guy who just walked in off the street, I'm also retired military/US Govt. and a Maryland designated collector, so from a dealers perspective I'm a pretty solid, well known entity. At any rate, I have two rifles that are essentially being held hostage at Gunrunners, one is @ 45 days and the other 30+ days, and if he doesn't change his policy, I'm sorry to say these will be my last purchases from Gunrunners. It's unfortunate, but that's how it works in a free society, people express their dissatisfaction with their feet and wallet.
    Do as you think best - I've only been buying guns since 281 was proposed and purchases have only been through GunRunners - they do error on the side of "doing the right thing." I notice on the guns they sell (not consignment) they they don't tend to be priced over retail even in this hot buying cycle - same with what ammo they get in. And that the transfer fees are significantly less than what the other shops are charging. If Bob makes the business decision that the risk is too high to offset the margins he is getting so be it. I'll wait - it's a state thing that has put him in this dilemma anyways. :)

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    What exactly are they saying now that made this change to "Change Pending"? I searched for a post from you about it, but cannot find one.

Day 87, nearing the record. :mad54:

Those that are listed as change pending are in the process of contacting the MSP, ATF, and working with their lawyers to come up a legal policy that will work for them. They hope to have a policy as soon as possible. Some dealers have gone from change pending to Solid NO, others have gone to the nice list.

Not all contacts come in through the thread and i do not make a new post every time I make a change to the OP.

If you have any information on a particular dealer do share.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I'll wait - it's a state thing that has put him in this dilemma anyways. :)

I'll wait too, because I have no other choice with regard to the guns I have that are already in his shop. As for the future, well that's a horse of an entirely different color. Glade Valley Sports is just down the road and it appears that Rich may start releasing soon, so that's probably the best option for me going forward. I wish Bob and Gunrunners all the best.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I just got off the phone with Bass Pro. AGAIN!

I was told they received word from the ATF stating that an early release is "Against the Law" without first hearing back from the MSP.

I asked them to explain all the other FFL's who are releasing in 8 days. The phone went silent.

They will transfer your regulated hostage to another FFL for $30.00

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Hafer's -

Spoke with Dave (part time employee) via text at 1015 this morning - they are releasing after 7 days. "Anyone for receivers and long guns" when asked about any caveats such as collector, previous purchase history, etc.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Hafer's -

Spoke with Dave (part time employee) via text at 1015 this morning - they are releasing after 7 days. "Anyone for receivers and long guns" when asked about any caveats such as collector, previous purchase history, etc.

Are they doing 8 day release for handguns? or is this just for rifles?

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    Hafer's -

May be that they are calling NICS and doing checks for long guns and receivers, can't do that for handguns since MSP is the POC for handgun NICS checks in Maryland.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    May be that they are calling NICS and doing checks for long guns and receivers, can't do that for handguns since MSP is the POC for handgun NICS checks in Maryland.

Several dealers have been able to run handgun NICS through the computer system. Nothing official yet but that is what I have heard.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Hafer's -

Are they doing 8 day release for handguns? or is this just for rifles?

I have a Glock 34 and 3 Stripped Lowers waiting since March 18th. Wondering if they are going to call to pick up. I really can't see all of us fitting in that Shop picking up at once. lol

Rick_Grimes

Mar 22, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Clyde's is still up in the air on a decision to release on the 8th day. Person I spoke with this morning said that things may change in the next day or two.

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    If they are getting a "proceed" for handguns, MSP has relinquished there POC for the time beeing. That is what some are saying. Can anyone get a confirmation when they pick up a "early release"
    That would make sense since so many dealers are releasing on time.

I was at Bass Pro this morning and picking up my purchase, The manager is full of crap, i do not think FFL told them its against the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom