• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    Spoke with The Gun Shop in Essex yesterday afternoon, referenced the forum and the email from MSP. They are still in the "change pending" status but he made it sound very promising they were going to move to the good list. His main worry from the way it sounded was "we just dont want 500 people showing up at our store at once" which is perfectly acceptable.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Hafer's -

Spoke with Dave (part time employee) via text at 1015 this morning - they are releasing after 7 days. "Anyone for receivers and long guns" when asked about any caveats such as collector, previous purchase history, etc.

Are they doing 8 day release for handguns? or is this just for rifles?

Just shot him another text. Will respond hopefully soon. They have a Glock 21 that, if I can free up the cash, I'll go buy in addition to getting my lower through his wait.

Dave did say that although he's trying to release on 8th day, effective backlog right now has turned it into 8 to 15 days. Maybe that answers the question posted above.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    I've been dealing with Bob/gunrunners since 2005-ish, he has never steered me wrong. I also respect his decision of not releasing until ND comes back, That doesn't mean that i'm happy about it, because I really want my guns. with that said it's not my ass in the fire, so i'm gonna have to wait :/

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Spoke with The Gun Shop in Essex yesterday afternoon, referenced the forum and the email from MSP. They are still in the "change pending" status but he made it sound very promising they were going to move to the good list. His main worry from the way it sounded was "we just dont want 500 people showing up at our store at once" which is perfectly acceptable.

That's good to hear. Who did you speak with?

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD

This is good news.

That would be hard to coordinate. It explains their reluctance to post any updates.

Hopefully they figure out a solution soon. Papa wants his new AK.

Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    That's good to hear. Who did you speak with?

This is good news.

That would be hard to coordinate. It explains their reluctance to post any updates.

Hopefully they figure out a solution soon. Papa wants his new AK.

Honestly I forget the gentleman's name. He usually answers the last couple times ive called about things.

And yes, hopefully sooner than later as im getting antsy for my guns. Guess I need to pick up my search for ammo sooner than I thought.:party29:

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Hafer's has detailed their approach in a post in their IP section. Don't know how to post the link from my phone - sorry.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Hafer's has detailed their approach in a post in their IP section. Don't know how to post the link from my phone - sorry.

Got it for you. Thanks for the heads up

as of 06/06/13

Md's law states an FFL MAY release a regulated firearm on the 8th. However an Investigation HAS NOT BEEN DONE!
    The emails I personally received from the M.S.P and ATF advising an FFL CAN transfer on the 8th day, HOWEVER DO NOT RECOMMEND and will not give legal advise.

WE WILL NOT RELEASE ANY FIREARM WITH OUT AN INVESTIGATION BEING DONE! CALM DOWN! read further!
    This business is our lively hood! We will not jeopardize our business because ALL Marylander's are pissed off over the current situation.

NOW...we have an avenue to be able to perform an investigation to a certain extent.
    We are currently processing all Regulated ar-15's and ar frames at this time to be able to release to our customers!

PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE SHOP TILL YOU ARE CALLED! WE WILL CALL YOU WITHIN A TIMELY MANNER TO RELEASE! IF you come in before you are called? WE WILL NOT TRANSFER THE GUN IN A TIMELY FASHION. WHY? because we want to be able to process applications without answering questions all day long on the phone.

As for our customers receiving pistols/handguns...please be patient will/should be calling you within 10 days or less to release! AGAIN! PLEASE DO NOT COME IN WITHOUT BEING CALLED FIRST! we write down on all apps when we call....so no b.s. ing! OR WE WILL NOT DELIVER YOUR'S IN A TIMELY FASHION. please be patient.

To all our customer's I have heard your concerns! As i'm sure every FFL across the state of Maryland has too.

I have been working on this matter 3 weeks prior to anyone jumping the gun! (no pun intended)

Its a simple fact! POLITICS has played the biggest role in what we all are facing!
    However....its simple....IF AN FFL releases a firearm without an investigation being done and IF ILLEGAL MATTERS OCCURS...THE FFL WILL GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS!! FINES, COURT COSTS, LAWYER FEES, LICENSE REVOKED, OUT OF A JOB!! and for why? O'MALLEY'S LAW!

We are on our law abiding citizens side. We are just as frustrated as you; as an FFL holder and a Md resident! however we have to C.Y.A.! AND We do not want ANY criminals to have any gun.

PLEASE bare with us...were are doing the absolute best we can TO HELP YOU our law abiding customers!

If this still upsets you in any manner I am truly sorry! However....make the complaint were it should go to; not us! Please start contacting your elected politicians!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING!

Tim Hafer

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    beat me to it.

also, still no word on "Sparkys" in smithsburg. you may want to add them to the No Release list so people are aware of them? they might shift to the nice list, who knows.

JADCecil

May 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Calvert Firearms is a NO.

I spoke with him on Tuesday and he was not aware of any 5-31 correspondence from MSP. I emailed him with an explanation and a copy of the MSP letter. No response.

EDIT: This is Calvert Firearms, Inc. in North East, Cecil County, Maryland.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Spoke to Rose Brock @ MSP today at 1450. She told me my app was placed on further review yesterday . She confirmed that the Troopers processing apps placed on review have started working on MARCH 11th .

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Does "change pending" mean that the dealer is still considering what they are going to do? Also, does "email sent" mean that one of us has sent an email to the dealer asking for clarification or that the dealer has sent an email to the MSP asking for clarification or something else?

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Change Pending: The have said they are looking into changing their policy. May choose to go the the nice list may choose to be a SOLID NO. Typical of most dealers in change pending they are contacting MSP, ATF, their lawyers and insurance companies to come up with a policy that will work for them.

Email Sent: Means I personally emailed them and have not received a response

?: I know of the dealers but have no word of what they are doing.

Solid NO: They dont care what we have to say and are not trying to change their policy.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Got the email back from Mark @ Accurate Guns and Ammo in Loveville. They are a solid NO until MSP ND received.

Name: Accurate Guns & Ammo
    POC: Mark (last name left off)
    Time: 6 JUN 2013 1517

Kazman338

Aug 10, 2009
    Dundalk, MD
    Well I just called to check with Bluefin about a gun they should have received Monday and got into a conversation with the owner about the state police statement. According to him he talked to the MSP and said that they are not happy with the person who posted the information and that they are in big trouble. He also said that they are not planning on following the other shops and will not be releasing them early. Kind of stinks because I have 4 transfers going through them one of which has not even been shipped to them. But I respect their decision. Just wanted to let you all know.

So in an easier to read summary:
    Name: Blue Fin Guns
    POC: Owner (can't remember name)
    Time 6 June 2013 15:48

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads