• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

• Isn't it amazing how they always conclude these pieces by bumping into some naïve soul parroting the party line as he happily whistles his way out of the shop after a pleasant 80+ day wait.

The delays haven't bothered all gun buyers...

...It took 85 days for state police to return his paperwork, but he was glad the state police were being thorough.

"If you're legal and honest about it, you shouldn't mind having to wait," Disque said.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...20130608,0,6369710.story?page=2#ixzz2VloHMYbb

I wish those reporters would bump into some of us on the way out the door after waiting three ridiculous months to get our guns.

Makes me sick.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm assuming "none" next to the dealer means that they aren't requiring anything extra for 8th day release?

I'm assuming "none" next to the dealer means that they aren't requiring anything extra for 8th day release?

Exactly!

It's hardly worth mentioning but for extra fast service I suggest a crisp clean Franklin note which they prefer to be surreptitiously passed to the maître de via handshake upon entering the shop. (Folded into thirds lengthwise of course) :D

thai

May 8, 2013
    Picked up my wife's Glock 9mm yesterday as Eakle Firearms began releasing after 8 days. Hit the range today and 300 rounds. Her first pistol and she is very happy. Day 90 for mine from Bass Pro and calling MSP tomorrow as I went to review on either 3/9 or 3/11. I was given both dates from MSP.

Ok. I am happy you vot your released after 8 days. I commend Tim for knowing the law. But, I have a $2400 rifle there for a month! How the heck did you get your glock 24 days becore me?!!!?

primerk5

Sep 25, 2011
    What happened to the review dates at the bottom of the first post?

I was so looking forward to being able to take the longest recorded wait title as I'm at 91 Days today and so is a friend of mine at two different FFLs. <Sarcastic>:mad54:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Today is the last day to buy.

15 week, under the wire sqeaker.

10-1 is going to be a rude awakening in MD.

No HQL will mean No Handgun if pick-up date is post 10-1. IMHO

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan

I was so looking forward to being able to take the longest recorded wait title as I'm at 91 Days today and so is a friend of mine at two different FFLs. <Sarcastic>:mad54:

Likewise! I have to wait for a 3/12 and want that crown so bad it hurts.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Ok. I am happy you vot your released after 8 days. I commend Tim for knowing the law. But, I have a $2400 rifle there for a month! How the heck did you get your glock 24 days becore me?!!!?

Do you meet all the FFL's release criteria??

These are the situations I'm interested in hearing about. I have real concerns that some folks may get bumped out of line in all the hullaballoo.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The Gun Shop "Change Pending 6/8".

Any news? I'd like to free my Vaquero from the Lost Souls Room.

uzeza3us.jpg

Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    Just noticed that the Gun Shop in Essex had a DAT of 6/8 still with change pending. If someone who may be able to either explain it better or who might be able to help guide them on the right path would give them a call I know I (and a few others here) would certainly appreciate it. From the answer I got last week it really seemed like they were leaning towards the good side. Just not sure why its taking so long. If its a matter of man power hell id be willing to work for a good discount off something in stock. :innocent0

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD

WHAT THE?! I went to bed last night and it was there... Woke up and the whole bottom half is gone.. Ill have it back up ASAP.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Do you meet all the FFL's release criteria??

These are the situations I'm interested in hearing about. I have real concerns that some folks may get bumped out of line in all the hullaballoo.

This is definately a case where first come first served should be applied. No new buyers should be jumping line ahead of those who purchased ages ago.

I didn't want the Black Choppers flying so early, but the day 8 release program is quite suspect in my book.

If 10-1 rolls around and people can't pick-up their handguns until they receive their HQL's, then this BS wait time will begin to look more and more like the MSP had it planned all along.

10's of 1,000's of buyers/waiters X $50.00 = A lot of money in the state's pirate chest.

thai

May 8, 2013
    First time transfer at the establishment. Sounds like the other poster's wife may also be a first time transfer since there no handgunss in stock for sale. Ffl does his own Nics, I have seven firearms there for a month total value over $6000+. My brother is in the same boat and exact same amount of firearms there. I am a class three stamp holder on an SBR. Just submitted a DC a month ago and am hoping for that to return in a month or so.

I would love to start having my guns trickle in until I receive my DC. Where at which point the rest can come
    home at one time.

We were told that the Ffle is releasing from longest/oldest firearms first, which is fair and expected. Now we hear someone got theirs after eight days? Doesn't make sense. The Ffl is a good guy and professional, I can only hope that fairness is being applied and we should get a call soon.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    First time transfer at the establishment. Sounds like the other poster's wife may also be a first time transfer since there no handgunss in stock for sale. Ffl does his own Nics, I have seven firearms there for a month total value over $6000+. My brother is in the same boat and exact same amount of firearms there. I am a class three stamp holder on an SBR. Just submitted a DC a month ago and am hoping for that to return in a month or so.

I would love to start having my guns trickle in until I receive my DC. Where at which point the rest can come
    home at one time.

We were told that the Ffle is releasing from longest/oldest firearms first, which is fair and expected. Now we hear someone got theirs after eight days? Doesn't make sense. The Ffl is a good guy and professional, I can only hope that fairness is being applied and we should get a call soon.

That's good to hear.

I just hope my dealer is playing nice that way.

Texas2012

Jan 25, 2013
    Olney
    Any word on how the MSP plans to handle those who have already picked up prior to 10/1, but they haven't cleared themselves? Wonder if they thought that one through...

Perhaps they will try to confiscate a gun for non-compliance with a law that wasn't in force at the time of purchase. :lol2:

spr1

Aug 2, 2010
    White Marsh remains a solid NO.
    They were advised by Feds and MSP that two NICS numbers for one transaction would be a violation.
    Argh.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    White Marsh remains a solid NO.
    They were advised by Feds and MSP that two NICS numbers for one transaction would be a violation.
    Argh.

Wouldn't that be a kicker? All of the FFLs scared to release without NICS would actually be violating the law by releasing with two. It's great the FFLs want to be cautious who they give guns to, but at the same time it just goes to show the absurdity of FFLs trying to take the responsibility of public safety into their own hands instead of just following the law and letting the police do their job with the checks/confiscation from those who are disapproved. :sad20:

BlauMoon

May 12, 2013
    Just went up to Pasadena Pawn and Gun to see if I could get lucky and pick up my gun. Well I'm not so lucky. They kept telling me I have "awhile" to go on my wait still. I know some guys have waited 90+ days but damn this is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom