• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Update on Lawmen Supply.

They are NOT releasing. That is their final word (I just got off the phone with them).
    So, if you have something there give them a call ASAP, they are willing to transfer it to another FFL. . .for a fee of course. I was quoted $40 for them to mail it out.

Complete and utter BS! I will never shop there again and will never recommend them to anyone ever again. I will actually be going out of my way to recommend people not go there.

Update on Lawmen Supply . . . again.

All they did was charge me shipping. It was $30 to send out 3 handguns to the same dealer.

Basically I think this was the absolute best way they could of handled the situation (besides just releasing the guns themselves).

kafratta

Poor College Student
    Dec 7, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Hey all, any one do a transfer or purchase through cooters classic? I plan on having 2 transfers through there, however have been met with changing requirement for release at the ffl I have used in the past month. Just looking for a little inside experience thanks! And yes I plan to call them tomorrow, just a bit ansy for an answer haha.

Thanks,
    Kyle

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    Hey all, any one do a transfer or purchase through cooters classic? I plan on having 2 transfers through there, however have been met with changing requirement for release at the ffl I have used in the past month. Just looking for a little inside experience thanks! And yes I plan to call them tomorrow, just a bit ansy for an answer haha.

Thanks,
    Kyle

A buddy has done a transfer through Cooter's. I think the FFL is a part-time thing for him as he only answers the phone later in the day, and Saturdays. No problems with the transfer, cheap too at $30! :)

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Update on Lawmen Supply . . . again.

All they did was charge me shipping. It was $30 to send out 3 handguns to the same dealer.

Basically I think this was the absolute best way they could of handled the situation (besides just releasing the guns themselves).

The one in Clinton? That's good news, as I just bought a G19 there yesterday. I'll call tomorrow to see if they'll send it out to my local "8 day guy"

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The one in Clinton? That's good news, as I just bought a G19 there yesterday. I'll call tomorrow to see if they'll send it out to my local "8 day guy"

Yep, the one in Clinton. Im transferring a G19 myself lol :D Just call them, once they had my dealers FFL I did everything over the phone. They said to fax the FFL to them but once I got them on the phone they gave me an email address and I just emailed it myself and they called me back once the email went through and I just payed shipping. It was $30 to transfer 3 guns (all g19s) in one box to the same FFL. I also made sure to remind them to include the bore lock because they charged me for one. If its not in the box they are getting a not so nice phone call.

Good luck, it took me 5 min on the phone with them once they had the my dealers FFL.

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale

Thanks,
    Kyle

Im doing a transfer with him now. My buddy uses him and has never had an issue. Like the other post says, he has an 8-5 job outside of this so call after 5pm. He's starting to get a little busy so you might need to set up an appointment to do the paperwork.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Yep, the one in Clinton. Im transferring a G19 myself lol :D Just call them, once they had my dealers FFL I did everything over the phone. They said to fax the FFL to them but once I got them on the phone they gave me an email address and I just emailed it myself and they called me back once the email went through and I just payed shipping. It was $30 to transfer 3 guns (all g19s) in one box to the same FFL. I also made sure to remind them to include the bore lock because they charged me for one. If its not in the box they are getting a not so nice phone call.

Good luck, it took me 5 min on the phone with them once they had the my dealers FFL.

Who did you speak with?

kafratta

Poor College Student
    Dec 7, 2010
    Perry Hall
    So Cooter's emailed me back saying that they are no longer accepting new business. Any idea where I can go to transfer a handgun from a purchase b/w me and another mdshooters member and/or have my Xd that is currently sitting in solitary in a local gun store to in order to get 8th day release prior to Oct 1st. I do not have a previous ND b/c I have recently turned 21 with the XD being my first registered purchase. I feel my chances dwindeling away lol.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    So Cooter's emailed me back saying that they are no longer accepting new business. Any idea where I can go to transfer a handgun from a purchase b/w me and another mdshooters member and/or have my Xd that is currently sitting in solitary in a local gun store to in order to get 8th day release prior to Oct 1st. I do not have a previous ND b/c I have recently turned 21 with the XD being my first registered purchase. I feel my chances dwindeling away lol.
    Barts in Glen Burnie. Check the spreadsheet on first post.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Barts has a high transfer fee, was $70 last I checked.
    Too high I think,but I think he will get his transfer done on time. Barts is exploiting the situation a bit. He can shop around at Blue Fins in Dumdalk since their fees are much lower. I use them a lot so they know me and no hassle.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County

Can both of you go to a MSP Barracks. That is how I am doing my "gift" to my wife.

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County
    I decided to buy a sig from a friend who lives in PA. MSP can't do the out of state transfer so which FFL in the Harford county area can do a transfer and allow me to pick up before Oct. 1st?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom