• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DonS

Feb 28, 2018
    I have a W&C permit, but does it allow that weapon to be carried in your car or only on your person?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I would like to know this question too. The laws are really against legal gun owners.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Read the permit.

on the back " This card must be carried by the permit holder each time a handgun is carried, worn or transported."

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I have a W&C permit, but does it allow that weapon to be carried in your car or only on your person?
    It is legal to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, in compliance with any limitations imposed under 5–307 of the Public Safety Article, by a person to whom a permit to wear, carry, or transport the handgun has been issued under Title 5, Subtitle 3 of the Public Safety Article.

Maryland Public Safety Section 5-307​

Article - Public Safety
    § 5-307.

(a) A permit is valid for each handgun legally in the possession of the person to whom the permit is issued.

(b) The Secretary may limit the geographic area, circumstances, or times of the day, week, month, or year in which a permit is effective.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Does that apply to foreign made cars, or only domestic models? I have one of each.

Is it legal to have the windows rolled up, or can one of them at least be partly open?

Does transport include driving? Many authorities on the internet say that the Articles of Confederation exempt the operators on vessels navigating within the United States from regulations requiring documentation while traveling. Does that apply to guns lacking a manual safety, such as the 1851 Navy Colt?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Antietam Firearms in Funkstown, MD has classes available for $300
    My question is sarcasm: one should come out of a 16 hour WC training class already knowing where you can wear, carry, and transport.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Technically if you transported w/o your permit you would then be under the restrictions of statute 4-203

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Patience guys

Most here grew up around guns and little by little gained all the knowledge we have. Its a huge amount of info for someone new to guns to learn. There really arent any "stupid questions" for someone who doesnt know the answer to.

Please dont make anyone afraid of ridicule for asking anything they need a trueful answer to. Safety is #1 in any and all situations (new guys please learn/know/practice ) safety at all times. Old guys.....lets teach any and all knowledge we have to the new people. Even if you think the question is stupid or redundant

woobie

Mar 20, 2019
    This is all new ground for many of us, and the laws on the books are more geared to people who have no permit. Most gun related Maryland laws that I'm reading have the disclaimer that these laws don't apply if you have a W&C permit. Based on these exemptions, I would conclude that I can carry as many loaded handguns as I wish, and I can have multiple loaded handguns in my car if I so desire.

My interpretation is that anything is legal, unless there is a Federal or State law that prohibits an action. I know of no law that limits number of guns on your person or in your vehicle if you have an unrestricted carry permit.

Am I wrong or misguided in my thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom