• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    I don't post much, but do enjoy reading/learning here. What I don't get is how measured, well thought out, spoken-from-experience criticisms of half baked 'product reviews' that appear here from time to time causes such angst among certain people and moderators that the first reaction is to lock the thread and/or threaten the poster. I thought this was a free public forum, which by definition includes the right by all to be heard. Or, am I not understanding and this is a forum for those 'in the know', or those in the 'clique'?

Censorship? I didn't think that a bunch of people like us who love our Constitution and the bill of Rights , and supposedly stand ready to defend it, would tolerate censorship in any form. Are we to selectively defend only certain amendments and not others? I don't get it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This is a privately-owned forum, most of which is publicly viewable. You are not free to post whatever you wish absent a code of conduct. A code of conduct that you agreed to as part of becoming a forum member.

For the most part, I very much like this forum the way it is, with it's reasonably heavy hand. I appreciate that the non-WC areas of this forum are not filled with expletives and idiotic rants, as some other popular gun-related forums are.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    This is a privately-owned forum, most of which is publicly viewable. You are not free to post whatever you wish absent a code of conduct. A code of conduct that you agreed to as part of becoming a forum member.

For the most part, I very much like this forum the way it is, with it's reasonably heavy hand. I appreciate that the non-WC areas of this forum are not filled with expletives and idiotic rants, as some other popular gun-related forums are.

in addition to.. this forum is more relaxed than others.. not much rules but fairly basic ones. i've been on several ones and talk about admin/mod nazis. :innocent0

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Good point. It's never fun dealing with immature mods suffering from a superiority complex and/or hardcore political agenda. Thankfully, not here.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The 1A protects you from Govt. interference. Has zero bearing on private property, which is what this forum is.

Their house, their rules

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT]

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Their house, their rules. Some people take it too far hense it gets locked.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56622 one or two of these rules get violated. ;)

:thumbsup:

When it starts going beyond a "good discussion" into name calling and childish behavior the thread will be gone forever or just be "locked". If its certain individuals they will get warned and or banned for a period of time OR permanently!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This place is pretty even-handed when it comes to the public sections, they'll nuke a thread quick if it could paint the community at large in a bad light. If a thread gets locked/nuked, there's a very good reason for it.

And the ban-hammer is only reserved for special instances, because in any other gun forum I'd have been banned long ago... :D

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm so glad that someone with 7 posts can so expertly judge the hours of our own unpaid time the five of us put in every day trying to keep the machine running smoothly, or at least running, so 15,000 Maryland gun owners can have a free flowing means of communicating for both fun and the protection of their gun rights. :rolleyes:

But yes, I'm sorry a certain someone who's never even held a model of the gun being reviewed didn't get his chance to sneer and crap all over a review by another member who actually owned and shot it and took the time to come back and tell us about it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom