• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sculpin

Apr 16, 2009
    Southern MD
    Range 4, MCB Quantico.

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/qsc.php?view=ranges

Become a member and you will get 1k opportunity plus a ton of help from very experienced L/R shooters.

I am thinking about getting a Savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua. Do you know if they will allow the .338 to be used on the range? I wouldn't see why not, but the range rules on their website list several calibers that are acceptable, but I didn't see this one.

Thanks

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just fyi if you are looking to do any long range/precision rifle matches, most if not all places i've seen stop at .300 magnums.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Don't forget Delmarva. I think they go out to 600 & they allow you to shoot anything.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I know Peacemaker allows .338 because I understand someone blew one up there a short time ago.
    They have 100, 200, 300, 600, 1000, and 1400 yard ranges.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I am thinking about getting a Savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua.

From my own experiences with the 110BA in 338LM, don't use Sellier & Bellot ammo until it's had roughly 150 rounds thru it.

Between a slightly tight chamber/throat, and S&B loading a bit on the 'warm' side - you'll have real stiff bolt lift and sticky extraction (think Mosin Nagant with some cosmo in it still).

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Don't forget Delmarva. I think they go out to 600 & they allow you to shoot anything.
    ^^This^^, 500 yard rifle range and you can shoot a .50 cal there if you like. They'll even rent you one if you don't own one yourself. Delmarva is near Vienna/Mardela Springs a few mile past Cambridge.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Fort Hill Rifle and Pistol Club. Www.fhrpc.org. 600 yards, with pits. We have monthly matched that are open to the public. All other times must be a member. You shoot, score and do pit duty. 66 rounds. Plan on a 5 to 6 hour day. Good shooters there, iron sights and sling shooting about 10" groups, scope and bipod (aka f class) about 5 " groups. No benchrest.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Fort Hill Rifle and Pistol Club. Www.fhrpc.org. 600 yards, with pits. We have monthly matched that are open to the public. All other times must be a member. You shoot, score and do pit duty. 66 rounds. Plan on a 5 to 6 hour day. Good shooters there, iron sights and sling shooting about 10" groups, scope and bipod (aka f class) about 5 " groups. No benchrest.

Yep I knew about FHRP, I thought maybe you had a private one in Garrett county.
    My friend was a member there but passed last year. RIP Mooseman.:cool:

JAP7.62

JAP 7.62
    Jan 7, 2011
    eastern shore Md.
    ^^This^^, 500 yard rifle range and you can shoot a .50 cal there if you like. They'll even rent you one if you don't own one yourself. Delmarva is near Vienna/Mardela Springs a few mile past Cambridge.

Actually there range only goes out to 300 yards, but it is a really great place to spend the day shooting. 20 bucks gets you in.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Range 4, MCB Quantico.

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/qsc.php?view=ranges

Become a member and you will get 1k opportunity plus a ton of help from very experienced L/R shooters.

Quantico limits participation to just those within a 60 miles radius, IIRC, much to my chagrin. I'm just under 7 miles outside the limit.
    "According to the Quantico Shooting Club by-laws, the Board of Directors may approve Quantico Shooting Club, Inc membership for U.S. citizens, who are legally eligible to possess or use firearms (individually or with adult supervision), and live within a 60 mile radius (download map for your use) of Quantico (per our MOA) in the following categories:...."

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I know Peacemaker allows .338 because I understand someone blew one up there a short time ago.
    They have 100, 200, 300, 600, 1000, and 1400 yard ranges.

Only on some ranges from what I've heard. A coworker is a member and he said most of them are limited to .30 cal. You can't shoot anything larger on the really nice 1000 yd. range with the electronic monitoring, according to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom