• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikebiker

Mar 16, 2009
    Reasonable will be 50 to 75 dollars! :mad54: Why should we be charged to sell our constitutionally protected private property.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Reasonable will be 50 to 75 dollars! :mad54: Why should we be charged to sell our constitutionally protected private property.

Absolutely agreed.

Beyond the merits of this bill (there are none), I understand FFLs are in business to make money. Do NICS checks cost them money now? I honestly have no idea. If not and if they are running an electronic check, I'd think at most you are talking half an hour max of one employees time to do the paperwork that the bill will require and run the check. Maybe I massively under estimate how much gunstore employees typically make, but it sounds like $15 or so to compensate them for their time and still probably make a couple of dollars for the store.

I get why many FFLs charge more for out of state transfers because they have to do a bit more work and handguns are even more with the 77r process.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    Ron Young is one of the biggest liberals in the Senate and one of its worst members. Unbelievable he still has a job but that tells you how much Frederick County is now part of DC.

The dynamic duo of Ron Young (senate) and his wife Karen Lewis-Young (legislator) represent the liberal bastion of Frederick city not the county. Michael Hughes is our senator.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Absolutely agreed.

Beyond the merits of this bill (there are none), I understand FFLs are in business to make money. Do NICS checks cost them money now? I honestly have no idea. If not and if they are running an electronic check, I'd think at most you are talking half an hour max of one employees time to do the paperwork that the bill will require and run the check. Maybe I massively under estimate how much gunstore employees typically make, but it sounds like $15 or so to compensate them for their time and still probably make a couple of dollars for the store.

I get why many FFLs charge more for out of state transfers because they have to do a bit more work and handguns are even more with the 77r process.

No, but you are probably underestimating business overhead. Payroll checks cut are not 100% representation of any company's overhead. Sometimes payroll is as little as 5% of the cost of the business per hour.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Folks are focusing on if/how 77Rs will be written, how much we'll have to pay FFLs for the transfers, and suggesting, strangely enough, that MSP can do the transfers if NICS/FBI won't be allowed by law.

Cart before the horse if you ask me. It's not even a law yet. And folks are already suffering from BGOS.

Maybe we should focus on killing this thing off before we focus on its implementation.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    We don't want FFLs logging anything in, or running any NICS checks, or logging anything out, or completing any transfers, or being happy that anything has passed.

We want our long guns left alone.

It's just more incremental gun grabbing.

PS: What's the name of the dealer/dealers? I'd like to confirm their joy.

I know millers in Delaware was pushing for this same kind of crap in delaware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Folks are focusing on if/how 77Rs will be written, how much we'll have to pay FFLs for the transfers, and suggesting, strangely enough, that MSP can do the transfers if NICS/FBI won't be allowed by law.

Cart before the horse if you ask me. It's not even a law yet. And folks are already suffering from BGOS.

Maybe we should focus on killing this thing off before we focus on its implementation.

folks here get mad at the hunters cause its all there fault when it appears to me to be one dude and his entourage, then we get mad at the LGS owner for needing to charge for stuff that the state may require. we stay mad at the MSP (and most of the time rightfully so) because they will have to enforce whatever law the MGA passes.

we eat our own. its what we do.

but in reality we need to be mad at the DEMS in the MGA and only them.

just my .02cents

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    folks here get mad at the hunters cause its all there fault when it appears to me to be one dude and his entourage, then we get mad at the LGS owner for needing to charge for stuff that the state may require. we stay mad at the MSP (and most of the time rightfully so) because they will have to enforce whatever law the MGA passes.

we eat our own. its what we do.

but in reality we need to be mad at the DEMS in the MGA and only them.

just my .02cents

TRUTH!!!

PS: Just scrolled through all fifteen pages. There are less than seventy MDS members involved in this thread. Out of how many thousands of members? This is too important a bill to have this little support/input/outrage.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We ( ok , *me*) get mad at the One Guy & entourage for passing himself as The Voice for Hunters . He represents some Hunters on a few specific issues, while his complete ignoring other issues is being taken as tacit approvals.

The Late Lou45 was the All Gun Rights, All the Time driving force at the MLFDA. The MLFDA is still a force fir Good, but their ardour can be variable.

I really want to point out the MSP is professionally and impartially administering the law. But there are just enough of them who make crap up that has no basis in Law or Comar, that I can't categorically say that.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    TRUTH!!!

PS: Just scrolled through all fifteen pages. There are less than seventy MDS members involved in this thread. Out of how many thousands of members? This is too important a bill to have this little support/input/outrage.

Just a case of the "Someone else will do it" syndrome. It's a contagious and deadly disease leading ultimately to the loss of any rights and privileges due to an active citizen. It can be discouraging to see how the numbers of active and engaged folks have dwindled since the flood of 2013.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Maryland Mouth Breathers Coalition, sorry Hunting Coalition, has Facebook friends taking potshots at Patriot Picket people. Apparently MHC has a secret squirrel plan that works magic behind the scenes and only they will know said secrets.

Chuck Sporer says:
    The Maryland Hunting Coalition has done more good with these 2 position statements than any activists do all session in Annapolis standing on the street corners with their divisive signs.

MHC big statement on private sale ban:
    http://www.mdhuntingcoalition.org/MHC_News.html

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

I've always been amazed by Republicans who hear a zany Democrat idea, but then instead of calling out the Leftist nut for advocating a stupid idea, focus their efforts on how to make the stupid idea work. STOP!

I've been worried about R's who sound like they want to fix -0-Care with a "replacement." The only "replacement" that they should be considering is how to foster a free marketplace with healthy competition and get the gov't out of it.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I've always been amazed by Republicans who hear a zany Democrat idea, but then instead of calling out the Leftist nut for advocating a stupid idea, focus their efforts on how to make the stupid idea work. STOP!

I've been worried about R's who sound like they want to fix -0-Care with a "replacement." The only "replacement" that they should be considering is how to foster a free marketplace with healthy competition and get the gov't out of it.

YUP!

I tired of hearing "Repeal and Replace". Replace is still a government run health care system.

Though I do believe there should be a medical safety net for the most down and out Ameicans. AMERICANS!!!

And preexisting conditions is something you're born with.

Having swollen, puss filled, cankles and clogged arteries because you live on pizza, donuts, and ice cream, and now need health insurance, doesn't qualify as a pre-existing condition.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Why wouldn't the FFL log the gun in, run the nics, log it out to the new owner thus completeing the transfer. FFL will charge a fee and be happy this has passed. This is what I have heard from at least one dealer.

FFLs can to that but many will not as it creates book keeping and legal issues for them. Once it is logged into inventory, the AFT and State regulations are applicable. To induce FFLs to do this, the fees would have to be pretty hefty and even then, FFLs might just refuse to do that. If the gun is not logged into inventory, the FFL may NOT do a NICS check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom