• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I just watched the video - I actually know the first guy to come up to him - lol

I disagree with your statement completely. The gov't is recording everything we all do in the public locations in the building - what is the issue with the reverse?

He knew he was going to be referred to the police and he knew the police were going to take the stance they did. All of what they did is unlawful because he is in public. He is not the ass, all the people in the video are the asses.

PS - I have no idea if he broke the law. I assume that if he did he would have been arrested so I assume he didn't. Therefore, I also assume that all the employees and the police harassed him for no reason.
    My issue with the reverse is taking up the time of the first responders for clicks.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    The real question in these audit videos is why do the police need everyone's ID when the person (auditor) they are interacting with has not committed a crime? Police give the, "for officer safety" or we need to make sure you haven't broken any laws, but if police called and the person they are interacting with hasn't broken any law for what they are called for, why the "requirement" for an ID?

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    My issue with the reverse is taking up the time of the first responders for clicks.

I wish I could say you are wrong, but I'm sure the incentive for him to create these videos is for the clicks and not for defending and educating folks on our rights.

:(

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    These assholes were at the BCPD HQ a while back causing a ruckus. I've been told their YouTube followers led a DOS-type call flooding attack against Baltimore County 911 later that day "to strike one at the man". They're attention whores first and foremost

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    The real question in these audit videos is why do the police need everyone's ID when the person (auditor) they are interacting with has not committed a crime? Police give the, "for officer safety" or we need to make sure you haven't broken any laws, but if police called and the person they are interacting with hasn't broken any law for what they are called for, why the "requirement" for an ID?
    It allows them to search for warrants or other outstanding offences that might give a legal reason to detain.

On the one hand, if the guy "auditing" has a history of threatening public officials but is allowed to carry on and hurts someone in the Police Station, everyone would say "he clearly had a history, why didn't they stop him at the door"

On the other hand, every tyrant since the beginning has used the rationale of "if you have nothing to hide then you wont mind [insert some usurpation of privacy]".

The nature of a free state means you're going to have abuse of those freedoms. Either its malicious abuse such as abusing the right to own firearms to then use them in a crime. Or its the abuse of excessive use such as auditing.

The latter has the same taste to it as the dudes who roll up to the buffet intent on spending 8 hours there to see how much they can eat before getting kicked out. Sure, its technically "within the rules", but at what cost to system and others.

I file this one under the header of "you were so concerned with whether you could that you never stopped to consider if you should"

Last edited:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    There are times where there are 5+ police all around the auditor (who is not committing a crime). Why is there a need for that many people for one person?

By now the police should know if someone is videoing in public areas of public building/grounds that when they get there to ask what they are doing ("news story"). Ok, don't break any laws and then leave to another call. No need to stay around to watch each other.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Would you still applaud his efforts if your wife or child needed urgent assistance from an officer but they were dealing with these guys and were delayed?. Thats my issue with this stuff.

The only reason an officer would be delayed by one of those 1A trolls is if he allows himself to get emotionally wound up and does something stupid. If he identifies himself, tells the troll 'I advised the caller that nothing you are doing appears to be a police matter. Make sure you stay off private property and don't block any traffic. You have a nice day.'
    Takes 30 seconds.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    This guy is an ass. He may be within his rights, but still an ass.
    Was Rosa Parks an ass?

The cops stay to long because of their ego. There is no crime move along.

Get rid of qualified immunity and introduce personal liability insurance.

People fighting for rights is why we have Bruen

Nobody

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Yeah, not advocating for it, just explaining why

Yeah - I have no issues with the police asking. Some people are dumb enough to give up their rights for no reason.

I do have an issue with the sergeant suggesting that he needs to show ID to stay in the building. It is either a public building or it isn't. If it isn't, then trespass him and be done with it. If it is, then leave him alone. If no one came up to him and talked to him, then his video would have sucked and he would have left the building. This is exactly what should happen.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I don't think we want to live in a society where the police can just come up to anyone and check for warrants.
    Agreed, same with unwarranted stop and frisk tactics used in the past and hopefully never again. I have no problem with LEO’s doing their work, just remember the thresholds of citizens rights per the Constitution that apply to everyone.

As mentioned already tough job these days to be a professional LEO in today’s society.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I gave it under a minute. His ridiculous imitation of Michael Buffer is enough to turn many people away. If you want to be taken seriously, drop the stupid pretense.

I'm 50-50 with these(probably more like 60-40, 60% against). The shitty ones like this clown out weigh the good earnest auditors out there. Again, I didn't make it 60 seconds through the first YT.

Don't be an asshat and make yourself the star of your audit.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Would you still applaud his efforts if your wife or child needed urgent assistance from an officer but they were dealing with these guys and were delayed?. Thats my issue with this stuff.
    That's part of the point of the auditors .

It's the PD deciding on their own to waste manpower and resources where it's inherently not needed .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In this case, the guy comes off as a d!ck who's just begging for negative interactions.

Even if true , largely irrelevant.

If you want something/ somewhere to be private and secure , don't have it visible to the public .

A professional criminal / industrial espionage/ foreign intelligence service could drive past it with HD video camera pointing at the window , and see the same things as the Gadfly standing on the sidewalk .

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Was Rosa Parks an ass?

The cops stay to long because of their ego. There is no crime move along.

Get rid of qualified immunity and introduce personal liability insurance.

People fighting for rights is why we have Bruen

Nobody
    For fvck sake, Rosa Parks was a plant, a set-up. The incident did really happen, but it wasn't by Rosa Parks. It was an unwed teen mother(I will have to find her name in my massive notes).

None of this has a thing to do with our 'rights', it has to do with LIKES and CLICKS.

Why? He's proving a point and making a little cash. In my experience many LEOs when given the opportunity to do the right thing make the wrong choice. Much of the time it's inexperience or ignorance but not always. They believe that their qualified immunity will protect them and he shows them the error of their ways. I wish more would do things like this.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    These people work in this building every day, this is their second home, this situation was abnormal to them, they didn’t respond unreasonably.

edit: I agree with Sundazes, the guy is an ass.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    It's interesting to me how polarized we are on this simple topic. I support people fighting for rights I want to keep - sometimes how they do it is cringe worthy.

The first guy in the video (the guy I know) did the right thing. He assessed the situation, said "stay in the public areas" and then left. This is what everyone should have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom