• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Because the courts have issued over 5 million Arrest warrants, and Police are ordered to look for FUGITIVES.
    There is no requirement for someone 'to break a law' in the presence of the officer. Requesting ID to check for wants/warrants is a reasonable thing for 330,000,000 people who are not criminals.

Next, because of thousands of issues, police are REQUIRED by courts to DOCUMENT every interaction with the public.

Officers are supposed to report the names, races, ages and descriptions of people they interview as witnesses, complainants, suspects, and detainees. TO THE COURTS, per dozens of CONSENT DECREES in places like Baltimore, Chicago, DC, etc.

Example- someone is 'acting suspiciously' on Tuesday at the Merrifield Post Office.
    A week later, police are informed of two sexual assaults and an attempted kidnapping near that spot.
    First paragraph....,NO

Second paragraph..... Partially correct

Third paragraph..... They are required to get demographic information, race, sex, age but not name.

Fourth paragraph.,. Suspicion is not illegal.

Nobody

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    You don't need 7 years of legal training to know what these 1st amendment trolls do and how to recognize them. 1/2 hr training video will do.

Nothing deflates them more than a cop who shows up, introduces himself with name, agency, badge number and tells them that he doesn't care what they do as long as they don't hold up traffic or trespass onto private property.

We, the citizenry, expect that this should be each and every cops actions when encountering an 1A auditor.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    My issue with the reverse is taking up the time of the first responders for clicks.

People are audited on a frequent basis. The Federal Government audits clearance holders on a regular and recurring basis.

Vehicles are audited in some states on a frequent and recurring basis.

Business' are audited on a regular basis.

Many tax payers are audited on a frequent and recurring basis.

Why is auditing by the government okay but, when "we the people" audit the government it is a problem?

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Yes. Courts in 54 jurisdictions issue thousands of warrants per day

Can't run wants and warrants w/out a NAME.

Missing the point.
    No, I have no obligation either legally or morally to be one of the millions to help the police.

No crime, no ID

So what someone calls in suspicious activity, suspicious is not illegal

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I get it , the concept of more information being better than less . And an expectation of widespread voluntary compliance. And apprehending Fugitives is generally a Good Thing . And the dynamics of declining to produce triggering * heightened suspicion * . And many Agencies have internal policies and routine paperwork with blanks for lots of information that they prefer to have .
    . And many people may well typically decide to voluntary share routinely .

But in Maryland is it legally required for :

Vehicle Stop
    The Issuence of a Citation
    Incident to Arrest
    Upon Reasonable Suspicion of having committed, or intending to commit a crime .

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    A lot of them have automatic tag readers that make that easier. But the tags are the property of the state and in plain sight in public so they;re fair game.
    Not the same thing .

License Plates are inherently in full clear view at all time , visible to all .
    My point was, the police are already checking you out.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I get it , the concept of more information being better than less . And an expectation of widespread voluntary compliance. And apprehending Fugitives is generally a Good Thing . And the dynamics of declining to produce triggering * heightened suspicion * . And many Agencies have internal policies and routine paperwork with blanks for lots of information that they prefer to have .
    . And many people may well typically decide to voluntary share routinely .

But in Maryland is it legally required for :

Vehicle Stop
    The Issuence of a Citation
    Incident to Arrest
    Upon Reasonable Suspicion of having committed, or intending to commit a crime .
    Wouldn't that be Reasonable Articulable Suspicion of what the crime is?

Since there are "internal policies" that want more information that they prefer and many people voluntarily comply perhaps if we suggested what some of that preferred information might encompass be?

Hypothetical:
    The cop asks for your name and ID documents because you are acting "suspicious" and also asks how many guns do you own, are they all licensed and registered, and how much ammunition do you store in your home?

Just where do people "voluntarily" sharing get to draw the line?

I seem to remember the 5th Amendment has something to say about the subject.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Would you still applaud his efforts if your wife or child needed urgent assistance from an officer but they were dealing with these guys and were delayed?. Thats my issue with this stuff.
    Agreed, there needs to be some level of training for them, but this, in my opinion, is not the way.
    110% on the cop’s ego.
    From what I see, he's not a troll, he's a Patriot. People in authority/government usually think they don't have to abide by the law, they think they ARE the law. They HATE it when you educate them against their will. Screw 'em.

I dealt with the state threatening to fire me and/or fine me $5000 per day for over a year because I wouldn't provide them with certain information that I wasn't required to provide per their own rules. Every time I pointed out that they were violating their own rules, their answer was "You'll do as you are told". Every time my answer was, "fire/fine me so that I could sue and get rich". When it came down to the wire and they discovered that I had lawyered up, they finally backed down and put it in writing that I did not have to comply. The marlandistan govt is trash.
    We are in 100% agreement on something.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Because the courts have issued over 5 million Arrest warrants, and Police are ordered to look for FUGITIVES.
    There is no requirement for someone 'to break a law' in the presence of the officer. Requesting ID to check for wants/warrants is a reasonable thing for 330,000,000 people who are not criminals.

Next, because of thousands of issues, police are REQUIRED by courts to DOCUMENT every interaction with the public.

Officers are supposed to report the names, races, ages and descriptions of people they interview as witnesses, complainants, suspects, and detainees. TO THE COURTS, per dozens of CONSENT DECREES in places like Baltimore, Chicago, DC, etc.

Every incident is an investigation.

Example- someone is 'acting suspiciously' on Tuesday at the Merrifield Post Office.
    A week later, police are informed of two sexual assaults and an attempted kidnapping near that spot.

Detectives check for investigative stops- field notes- over the past 30 days, looking for suspects.
    (The rape and murder in Harford Co. Sexual assault on the C&O. Someone harasses your mother at Costco)
    Requesting ID of anyone without reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime is a BIG F’ING PROBLEM. Unless you like tyrants.

Suspicious behavior is not a crime. F^ck yourself.

Please resign from MSI. You do not understand the Constitution.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Ignorance is no excuse for civilians in court, but the people that are supposed to uphold the law that doesn't apply....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ignorance is no excuse for civilians in court, but the people that are supposed to uphold the law that doesn't apply....
    Plenty of case law supporting what the Auditors do. Everyone should understand their rights.

Yes, auditors are opportunistic parasites…if LE would quit presenting these guys free access to their jugulars, they’d shrivel up and die.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Plenty of case law supporting what the Auditors do. Everyone should understand their rights.

Yes, auditors are opportunistic parasites…if LE would quit presenting these guys free access to their jugulars, they’d shrivel up and die.
    Nobody would watch You Tube videos of auditors being ignored in public buildings or having short, sweet reasonable interactions with the police. They would be bored out of existence.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Nobody would watch You Tube videos of auditors being ignored in public buildings or having short, sweet reasonable interactions with the police. They would be bored out of existence.

This.

But apparently it takes a 7 year law degree to learn how to deal with them so it's totally normal if cops become completely unglued in their presence. I can understand a library director or county admin employee being ignorant, I can't understand if there is a single cop out there who hasn't received a 30min in-service on how to handle them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This.

But apparently it takes a 7 year law degree to learn how to deal with them so it's totally normal if cops become completely unglued in their presence. I can understand a library director or county admin employee being ignorant, I can't understand if there is a single cop out there who hasn't received a 30min in-service on how to handle them.
    Ego.

Some LE think anything they say is a “lawful order”.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Every incident is an investigation.

Detectives check for investigative stops- field notes- over the past 30 days, looking for suspects.
    (The rape and murder in Harford Co. Sexual assault on the C&O. Someone harasses your mother at Costco)

Requesting an ID check from someone who isn’t suspected of anything is complete BS. The guy was filming not saying a word, not moving from his seat, and not interfering in any way.
    So officers are supposed to get everyone’s name in the entire restaurant and run all of their ID’s for something like this?
    Bullsh*t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Requesting ID of anyone without reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime is a BIG F’ING PROBLEM. Unless you like tyrants.

Suspicious behavior is not a crime. F^ck yourself.

Please resign from MSI. You do not understand the Constitution.

Well said Doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I’ve challenged LEO’s on this several times in MoCO and every time it gets elevated to a supervisor it gets dropped and I go on my way without presenting my ID. I film it every time and once was told I’m not allowed to film them. I had to remind them they just got sued for that as well. I really do t think LEOA’s are not doing a good job of training on people’s constitutional rights so it’s up to you to remind them. Auditors are needed sadly.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Requesting an ID check from someone who isn’t suspected of anything is complete BS. The guy was filming not saying a word, not moving from his seat, and not interfering in any way.
    So officers are supposed to get everyone’s name in the entire restaurant and run all of their ID’s for something like this?

That being said, for the specific situation of a restaurant, they can ask someone to leave for any (non protected) reason. I went to a coffee shop in VA this past week and they had photography policy posted on the door and inside the bathroom doors. It was basically 'no pictures of our staff or you will be asked to leave. If you are a content creator, the store is available for rent for your shoots.' (I bet there is a story to that).
    In that case, if police was called, the a cop telling someone to show ID would be a lawful order. But it would be to process a trespass complaint, not to 'stop someone from filming'. The difference between a private business issue vs. one of 1st amendment rights.

nbklaw

MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    There isn't enough time in each year to give 500,000 people training exceeding Law School (a 7 year program- BA/BS + JD)
    I don't know that I would say "Law School" is a program of 7 years. While you do need an undergraduate degree as a prerequisite to admission to law school, the degree can be in anything, and is frequently unrelated to law or political science or government. I would say it is more accurate to consider law school to be three years of formal schooling, then 40 years of on-the-job training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom