• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Hey all.
    Amnesty paperwork came back in my 9inch 300blk Sig Virtus. Now that it is an SBR, I'd like to remove the brace and put a stock on there. I bought an adapter from Midwest Industries for standard AR stocks. However,
    most stocks are a little too short to meet the 29in MD OAL. The standard Magpul MOE, for example, is just under 2 inches too short to make it 29" OAL. looking online the measurements for stocks are written in different and weird ways.

Anyone know what stock, while still being low profile in terms of width, might give me another 1.5-2inches? The other option is pinning and welding the muzzle device, but I'd rather not.

Thanks

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hey all.
    Amnesty paperwork came back in my 9inch 300blk Sig Virtus. Now that it is an SBR, I'd like to remove the brace and put a stock on there. I bought an adapter from Midwest Industries for standard AR stocks. However,
    most stocks are a little too short to meet the 29in MD OAL. The standard Magpul MOE, for example, is just under 2 inches too short to make it 29" OAL. looking online the measurements for stocks are written in different and weird ways.

Anyone know what stock, while still being low profile in terms of width, might give me another 1.5-2inches? The other option is pinning and welding the muzzle device, but I'd rather not.

Thanks
    Here ya go...

If need be, you can always add in a LAW folder too.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Here ya go...

If need be, you can always add in a LAW folder too.

That is awesome but I don't think it will work with what I have, which is this.

I don't think the buffer tube is actually removable. But I could just buy a different side folding adapter and get that extended receiver extension. That might work

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Anyone know what stock, while still being low profile in terms of width, might give me another 1.5-2inches?
    Magpul makes thicker buttpads for most of their stocks that gets you part way there. Stack spacers under that to get the rest. You'll need to find longer screws.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    A5 tube plus something like the ACS stock (which is a smidge longer than regular stocks) with an extended buttpad can sometimes gets you over the hump.

Side folders are tempting, but they also make you unable to use a suppressor and/or flash hider, which isn't acceptable to me in many cases.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    A5 tube plus something like the ACS stock (which is a smidge longer than regular stocks) with an extended buttpad can sometimes gets you over the hump.

Side folders are tempting, but they also make you unable to use a suppressor and/or flash hider, which isn't acceptable to me in many cases.

Wait, why do they make you unable to use a suppressor or flash hider?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That is awesome but I don't think it will work with what I have, which is this.

I don't think the buffer tube is actually removable. But I could just buy a different side folding adapter and get that extended receiver extension. That might work
    You're right. I read right by the Sig part. My bad.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Yes.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

So I guess the way to go is suppressor with a folding brace, and not concern myself with OAL, since even though its a registered SBR, if it is under 29 OAL with a brace, Maryland considers it a pistol and good to go? Suppressor matters more to me than folder - it is .300blk after all. But if I can just use the folding brace I will.

Do I need to worry about a VFG too? If it has suppressor and folding brace, since its a pistol I assume I can't use a VFG? :facepalm:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So I guess the way to go is suppressor with a folding brace, and not concern myself with OAL, since even though its a registered SBR, if it is under 29 OAL with a brace, Maryland considers it a pistol and good to go? Suppressor matters more to me than folder - it is .300blk after all. But if I can just use the folding brace I will.

Do I need to worry about a VFG too? If it has suppressor and folding brace, since its a pistol I assume I can't use a VFG? :facepalm:
    Do you hang left? The law says you must hang left…

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Collapsible/ Adjustable = OK
    Side or Under FOLDING = Evil Feature

footnote - A side folding adapter such as the LAW , where the gun will NOT function while folded is Not Evil .

Yes , Maryland is that stupid , witness the whole 29 Inch SBR thing in the first place . ( Yes , for Centerfire , Semiauto . Go for it with your side folding 10/22 , and full stocked Ranchhands )

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

IF you are maintaining with a straight face that it is a Pistol , a VFG is OK if over 26 inch OAL .

At least until the next ATF Letter .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Look what I found! It's a picatinny/buffer tube adapter. It will add length to your stock as well as adapt to your Sig.

It comes in both a folding and rigid version. You want the rigid version.

Last edited:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Collapsible/ Adjustable = OK
    Side or Under FOLDING = Evil Feature

footnote - A side folding adapter such as the LAW , where the gun will NOT function while folded is Not Evil .

Yes , Maryland is that stupid , witness the whole 29 Inch SBR thing in the first place . ( Yes , for Centerfire , Semiauto . Go for it with your side folding 10/22 , and full stocked Ranchhands )
    Yes, the LAW is fine in MD and also currently on sale at Primary Arms I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom