• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rchiapparoli

Sep 8, 2011
    Hello all. I am in the search for a new firearm to add to my CCW rotation. The two that I have now are a Ruger SR9C and a Ruger SP101 357, which neither have ever hiccupped on me. Now looking for something smaller and lighter then I have now. Which one would you pick out of the ones below. I have narrowed it down to the following:

1. Sig Sauer P365
    2. Hellcat
    3. HK VP9SK
    4. HK P30SK
    5. FN Reflex recommended by Tactical Shepard and feels amazing in hand.

Anyone wish to throw something else into the mix and if so why?
    I have a Ruger LCP MAX that I just got. Like it a lot.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Sig p365 because they come with factory night sights. P365x macro is ok, but is a little bulky for me. I do like the fact holoson makes a direct fit for the slide.

i would not buy any carry gun that didn’t come with night sights. Not saying it’s a must, for me it’s a standard.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I guess im of the minority that carries the same gun, in the same location, all the time. Under stress of a fight for your life, there is no chance of getting confused of which gun in the rotation you maybe attempting to save your life with. Silly me.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I guess im of the minority that carries the same gun, in the same location, all the time. Under stress of a fight for your life, there is no chance of getting confused of which gun in the rotation you maybe attempting to save your life with. Silly me.
    The handgun and holster manufacturers would like a word with you about your attitude Sir.

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I tried the hellcat multiple time and the p365xl once. Sold them all. Shot and liked the shield plus so much that I pick mine up after the 7 days.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I was thinking the same. Pick and stick...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My SP101 feels very heavy after carrying around more modern stuff.
    I love my Sp101 but partially that's because it is indeed a heavy hunk of steel. Absent needing the power of .357 magnum, I can't see me carrying mine.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My point of view might differ a lot from most.

For reasons of muscle memory and manual of arms issues, I only carry CZ P01 and CZ Rami; they're both decockers, have nearly the same ergonomics, and I find them comfortable to shoot.

I don't want to have to think about firearm operation if I'm being attacked. Whatever I carry will work and feel the same, every time.

Of course, I don't have the ability to train continually, or even frequently, so I try to minimise the variables. YMMV.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    365 without a doubt. Shield Plus also a good option.

I'm in love with my 365-380 with the wilson combat grip frame.
    I haven't 'fondled' both 380 and 9mm P365's next to each other.. Is the 380's recoil spring a good bit lighter or are they pretty close ?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I mostly agree. I typically carry a glock 19. The only difference comes when I go from ccw (most all the time) to wearing a full belt. Then I move it from 1oclock to 3 oclock. It may become a 17 or a 34 on the belt but the triggers are the same, ergonomics are the same, etc.

I'm not a big enough guy to hide a 19 at 3oclock in all clothing during normal daily activities. That's my reason.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    This is how I feel. I currently switch between two but plan to drop to one this summer

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner. I'm totally with you my friend. I don't do "Switcheroos" for CCW. Winter is a 9mm 1911. Summer is a .380 1911. All have the same manual of arms..

If I want to have a little more fun with my other toys, I do it at the range, NOT when I carry.
    When I carry I want everything to be muscle memory, NOT hey, lets carry a striker fired today and a 1911 tomorrow. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom