• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • _JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    Ok, you C&R guys were busting my chops about firing Silver Bear ammo thru my Mosin. What type of surplus would you pro's recommend? I've been looking at the Czech surplus from Aimsurplus, or Bulgarian cans from Centerfiresystems(their price just went up 40bucks?.
    Or Bulgarian from classicarms.us

Help a noobie out. I guess i'm looking for ammo to plink, and for zombie defense. Not to mention maybe taking some of it hunting, but i've heard fmj's are useless for deer unless you want to track something for an hour. Maybe the lightball is better? Anyway, i have a 1939 91/30.

_JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    sounds good Novus, i had heard some good things about the czech stuff. Appreciate the pm JSW but the czech stuff is roughly the same price. I'm gonna give ordering it a whirl.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I ordered a few boxes of the czech surplus from AIM and it just arrived yesterday. I haven't fired any yet, but it looks good and the price was great for the small quantities I wanted to buy it in.

They are currently backed up on shipping right now, but it was only about an extra week I had to wait.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    The Czech ammo is Berdan primed and is supposed to be "mildly" corrosive. I clean my Mosin with Windex then Hoppes #9 then oil lightly after I get home from shooting. I usually shoot 20 rounds or more and the barrel comes clean with ease. It shoots better groups than the Bulgarian Heavy ball ammo and the Bulgarian is much dirtier after shooting.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    anything that smells like good ol communism when you open the can will be just fine for your Mosin. Fired some Hungarian, Czech and Russian through mine today. Its all corrosive and all requires the same preventative measures to keep it from rusting. If you find any really good deals drop me a line I can always use more :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom