• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinion

Jun 4, 2014
    Hagerstown, MD
    Last summer my daughter became obsessed with shooting my izhmash cm-2 target rifle. She has shown interest in doing it on more social stage as well so I was wondering if anyone knew of any junior rifle teams etc. She is currently 9, 10 in Oct dont know if there are age restrictions in place for certain clubs. I currently am a member North American RnG club in Hagerstown. They had mentioned something last year about doing one but it seems to have gone silent as i have not heard anything recently or when i inquired about it. For shit's n giggles here she is teaching her mom how to use her target 22 at 25 yrds.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20150502_125929.jpg
      20150502_125929.jpg
      98 KB · Views: 224

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Hello Pinion, I am also a member at NARGC! I do not know much about the club but you should contact the "Antietam Jr. Rifle Club (AJRC)". They shoot on our range every Wednesday evening and I think this might be just what you are looking for. An upside is that Wednesday is skeet night so you can walk over and shoot skeet while your waiting!!

Pinion

Jun 4, 2014
    Hagerstown, MD
    excellent, i use to shoot skeet all up and down the east coast about 10 years ago. my reloaders and my browing and its kolar tubes have been begging for use lately. Now if i can talk the wife into letting me disappear for an evening with twin 4 month olds. : )

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    The Izaak Walton League in Damascus has an excellent Jr. 3P air/Small bore rifle Club. One does not need to be a member of the IWLA to enroll their child(ren) into the program.

We are on summer hiatus as of now, but will get started back up in September.

Here is a link to the homepage and contact information:
    http://www.damascusiwla.org/#Jr

The shooters are regulated by proficiency/experience on one of three relays: Tuesday (precision), Wednesday (Advance Sporter), and Thursday (beginners). We follow NRA/CMP (USSA) rulebooks.

Fredneck

Nov 23, 2011
    IWLA Washington county has similar 22 markmanship program:
    http://www.washcoiwla.com/
    It free and they are doing it by the NRA Winchester rule book (3P)-don't need to be a member, indoor and outdoor ranges-about 10 minutes past the hagerstown Walmart. 1st and 3rd mondays 6-8PM contact info on the above website

Fredneck

Nov 23, 2011
    Forgot to say-if you ever get the chance-and she is mature enough-you must do project Appleseed-it is absolutely the best and most efficient markmanship training you will encounter. Fantastic experience. NARG should consider getting these guys at their club for a weekend session-we attended the three earlier this year at Leetown-four of our Cadets (US Navy Sea Cadets) shot the military equivalent of "expert" -some of these guys never having had any training-it is all in the instruction.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Monumental, Arlington, Mt. Washington and Stemmers Run clubs at the AGC have juniors programs.

If you want more information to the AGC website, go to member clubs, and send an e-mail to them!

For Monumental, you can contact Dr. Bryant Cramer ( president@associatedgunclubs.org ) for more information.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Monumental, Arlington, Mt. Washington and Stemmers Run clubs at the AGC have juniors programs.

If you want more information to the AGC website, go to member clubs, and send an e-mail to them!

For Monumental, you can contact Dr. Bryant Cramer ( president@associatedgunclubs.org ) for more information.

Ditto. I recommend going with Monumental as they are, IMO, the established leader at AGC. And, they offer a Womens Division and are one of the best run/organized clubs up there.

And, we shoot a CM-2. Several years ago I won a 200 yard prone match with it; shot CCI Standard Velocity that day. Great little Russian piece for the money, too.

Lew--Ranger63

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Frederick IWLA has an awesome Jr team as well. Super lucky to have one of the country's best Jr coaches running it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom