• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freak

May 20, 2011
    Gaithersburg MD
    Pretty much have it narrowed down between...

- Remington Versa Max

- Benelli Super Vinci

- Benelli SBE

- Benelli M2

Anyone have first hand exp with any of these and could offer up some advice? I looked at a Versa Max today at Dick's and it felt great, but I wanted to do some more research.

Thanks in advance

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    All top quality guns there boss and I doubt u will be upset with any. Love my SBE shot it today with blueheeler. Gun outshoots me in trap for sure. Now if we could just get it to shoot where I think I'm shooting and not where I'm actually shooting hahaha.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Versa Max weighs a ton compared to the Vinci. My neighbor has the Vinci and it must be made of air and it defies every law of physics. That said Wal Mart has the Mossberg 935 for under $500 and it is great with all 3"+ magnums I feed it. When I could'nt find a 930 to go with it I drilled and short tapped another gas port for thos times I want to use target and standard loads. I really like what the overbored barrels do for patterning.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    If all you are going to use it for is turkeys, it doesn't matter much. In fact I would probably look at something cheaper for those couple of shots a year - maybe a Beretta 3901 if I wanted an auto or maybe a used Wingmaster.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Mossberg also has a great barrel selection for the 835 pump. I have had one since the 90's when the 3 1/2" magnum first came out. As I said before the overbore makes a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom