• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Like another member said... Delmarva on a slow day. If no others are using it, you can go to the range on the far left and run some drills with multiple targets. As long as you stay safe you're GTG.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Add my name to the list of folks looking to get in on a lease.

I'm in the same boat you are. I'm a former Marine and sick to death of shooting from a bench.

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    Sorry I went dark for a bit. Jobs been keeping me busy. I'll be sending out PM's about the land lease idea, but who wants to get together for a shoot one day first? Gotta lots o' lead to sling...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    it's been ~2 years since last there, but 340 defense did let folks (safely) move around on their ranges if no one else was there (eg during the week).

York iwla does 3 gun and might let you move around on a bay, check with them.

and I echo doing uspsa, idpa or 3 gun competitions. I get little to no real dedicated practice in, so these ARE my practice (and a lotta fun).

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    That's a hell of a way to go to take the chance on it being busy. Any pointers on catching a slow day?

to be honest. with the increase of thier prices these last few years, it is becoming easier and easier. Friday saturday and sunday are active days, monday through thursday are usually good to go for peace and quiet. You may bump into another shooter, but it is easier to talk to a couple shooters and explain what your doing, then to stop a whole firing line. Saturday is the worst as they have so many shooters that they actually have to use the range flags and such.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I know lots of people who target shoot however they want on their own land. Its hard to believe everyone doesn't know someone like that.

I've always been a private land target shooter.

Tom Perroni

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Virginia
    CCJA

What about CCJA? WWW.CCJATRAINING.COM

We have a 1,600 foot Indoor shoot -house
    We have a Handgun Shotgun Range with 25 positions that goes out to 50 yards
    We have a 1,800 yards known distance range
    We have a driving track
    We have a Dept. Of State obstacle Course
    We have 2 Suburbans to shoot through and around

What more could you ask for?

Instructor Staff Made up of SWAT Cops, SEALS's, Rangers,Marsoc, SOF......

AND TRUST ME YOU CAN MOVE AND SHOOT BECAUSE:

Motionless
    Operators
    Ventilate
    Easily

All in beautiful downtown Fredericksburg, Va. However we have a mobile training team that can come to your location......

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    Reviving a dead thread? Sure, why not?! Took a class with Center Mass Combat Tactics. It's awesome! Tommy is a great instructor, and the other guys in class were a lot of fun to run with too. Thumbs way up!
    Still on the hunt for some good land though...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Lots of jihad johnnie training facilities scattered throughout the country. Just have to find one....then blow it up.:innocent0

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I too am bored to tears with shooting from a stationary position at paper targets.

Very old school. I'm not old.

I want to move and practice DEFENSE SHOOTING! Shooting for accuracy is fun for about 10 min. I want to learn REAL SHOOTING at moving and reactive targets.

There is a HUGE market for this. Who's going to step up and create a business in Maryland for this?

Scarab

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I too am bored to tears with shooting from a stationary position at paper targets.

Very old school. I'm not old.

I want to move and practice DEFENSE SHOOTING! Shooting for accuracy is fun for about 10 min. I want to learn REAL SHOOTING at moving and reactive targets.

There is a HUGE market for this. Who's going to step up and create a business in Maryland for this?

Scarab

http://www.uspsa.org/
    http://www.idpa.com/
    http://3gunnation.com/

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    http://www.yorkiwla.org/pistol.html

IWLA in York, exit 10 off 83 North

They are holding a major 3 gun match this weekend. Too late to get in, Bring Eyes and Ears (Mandatory to be on the range) and come watch. If this is what you want, they do this every month. This weekend is the BIG match, so don't expect this much every month but it will be pretty close.
    Monthly Funshoots use some of the props from the match and are slowed down with little to no movement. Funshoots do NOT allow Rifle caliber ARs, only pistol caliber ARs allowed, too close to the steel. Funshoots are geared for beginners, shoot a funshoot and talk to the range master (Gary) to find out about getting into a match if that is what you want.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Everybody wants magic but no one wants to drive for it. If you're willing to make the trek...

Peacemaker has 10 action bays that are open to members. I've never had more fun at the range. I traded in my Static range that's 10 minutes from my house for a 2 hour drive each way. I've never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom