• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Pm question, get only one answer that may or may not be right.

Post here you get many answers, of those some may be wrong but others will be correct, and supported/verified by others.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    decent start, although the stock is incredibly uncomfortable to shoot. most people with AMD's have them as a part of a larger overall AK collection; those with just one or two AK's tend to stick with the fixed variants more often than not.

that would be a good starting point, although the receiver is cut for the stock included. if it's going to be your only kit, i'd recommend going with either just an AMD kit without that receiver, buying a normal fixed-stock rear trunnion, and then building on a standard AKM receiver.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Awesome! Thanks for the input. Although I do plan on buying an Arsenal Sam7r AK before October, I would like to put together an AK at my own pace simply because the accomplishment appeals to me. My rush would be simply to get any regulated parts in the pipeline first. Would just aquiring an AKM reciever for now be a good idea? Then an AMD parts kit sans reciever?

Thanks for your time! :thumbsup:

Edit: on second thought I re-read what you wrote and I understand what you're saying. Buy an AMD kit sans reciever and build it on an AKM reciever with a fixed stock trunnion. Sorry I was a little slow at comprehending what you were explaining.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Keep checking in with AK-Builder. He was offering barrel-installed kits which already had the headspacing and components on the barrel done for you. The easiest way to start. Or look for a matching Romy G kit with original barrel which pop up on the AK forums regularly for about the same prices.

EDIT: Yes, get the receiver(s) now. They are the regulated part and will be banned from purchase and home manufacture post-Oct 1. And I second the fixed stock. The only folders I really like are the newer 100-series poly.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    at this point buy a complete gun if you just want a ak if you want to learn to build I get it but at this point there is no reason to invest in building tools when we can only build them until oct 1st

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I will have to do some searching on here for the best ak for the momey i dont want to spend a fortune because i have bought several ar lowers a kriss and some other goodies and i dont really want to spend 1300 for an ak at the moment

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I will have to do some searching on here for the best ak for the momey i dont want to spend a fortune because i have bought several ar lowers a kriss and some other goodies and i dont really want to spend 1300 for an ak at the moment

well then you're probably not going to have an AK. built or bought. you're 6-7 years too late, friend.

Sirex