• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It seems like a brilliant idea and if they'd chamber the LCR in it, I think it would sell like crazy. That said, ammo supply has been horrendous and therefore it's expensive when you can find it at all. To my knowledge, only Ruger is chambering for it right now. Obviously if S&W or even Taurus decided to offer a revolver set up for it, it would be a big boost.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    It seems like a brilliant idea and if they'd chamber the LCR in it, I think it would sell like crazy. That said, ammo supply has been horrendous and therefore it's expensive when you can find it at all. To my knowledge, only Ruger is chambering for it right now. Obviously if S&W or even Taurus decided to offer a revolver set up for it, it would be a big boost.

Yeah, I can't believe they haven't chambered the LCR for it yet. I would've thought they'd do that one before the .357. I mean isn't that exactly the kind of gun the cartridge was designed for? And doesn't Ruger have some sort of stake in this cartridge catching on?

Oh well.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Yeah, I can't believe they haven't chambered the LCR for it yet. I would've thought they'd do that one before the .357. I mean isn't that exactly the kind of gun the cartridge was designed for? And doesn't Ruger have some sort of stake in this cartridge catching on?

My thoughts exactly. I seem to recall that the round was the result of a partnership between Ruger and Federal.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It is an extra hot .32 , think Elmer Keith loads in .32-20 . It is a very interesting round . The .45GAP comparison is not fitting since a .327 can also fire .32 mag , 32 S&W Long, and .32 S&W .
    The marketing streatch is to sell a compact defensive gun in .32 that kicks harder than a .38spl . I look forward to having a field gun in this cal, and feel that at least as much marketing should have gone to the sporting useage.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I wont tell you what to do but I will say this:

45 GAP.................

Maybe not quite that bad cause of what its said below

It is an extra hot .32 , think Elmer Keith loads in .32-20 . It is a very interesting round . The .45GAP comparison is not fitting since a .327 can also fire .32 mag , 32 S&W Long, and .32 S&W .
    The marketing streatch is to sell a compact defensive gun in .32 that kicks harder than a .38spl . I look forward to having a field gun in this cal, and feel that at least as much marketing should have gone to the sporting useage.

That said I still don't think it will catch on. I think the sp-101 should come back in 9mm again :D

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    .327?

A solution in desperate search for a problem?

.45 gap, .41 ae, .357 sig See that bucket? .327 is there with the propeitary, the inevitably less-than-successful rounds doing the job that older, more established cartidges already manage just fine.

TheGibster

Aug 17, 2010
    Dorchester County
    I have "purchased" a Ruger GP100 in .327 Fed Mag but, unfortunately, I live in MD and it is 4 deep on a waiting list as I can only get 1 new gun every month (or 2 guns & wait 60 days). I have applied for "collector status" with the MSP but haven't heard back yet. (only 10 days on the app so not unexpected). I plan on using it as a "kill gun" on wounded boar in Georgia. Probably more gun than I needed for that purpose but I wanted something different.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I have "purchased" a Ruger GP100 in .327 Fed Mag but, unfortunately, I live in MD and it is 4 deep on a waiting list as I can only get 1 new gun every month (or 2 guns & wait 60 days). I have applied for "collector status" with the MSP but haven't heard back yet. (only 10 days on the app so not unexpected). I plan on using it as a "kill gun" on wounded boar in Georgia. Probably more gun than I needed for that purpose but I wanted something different.

Welcome to the forum!

Once you get the GP100, a range report would greatly appreciated! :D

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    2A gize have convinced me that getting ammo at this point in time is the limiting factor. Can't thank everyone responding for your comments and information. Once again, this proves what a great resource this forum is for anything guns (and stuff)!!!!!

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    2A gize have convinced me that getting ammo at this point in time is the limiting factor. Can't thank everyone responding for your comments and information. Once again, this proves what a great resource this forum is for anything guns (and stuff)!!!!!

Are you saying 2A talked you OUT of buying a firearm?? Are they feeling well over there? :innocent0

I'm gonna have to head over there soon, getting the funds set aside for a CCW gun. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom