• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Seriously considering a Benelli Xtrema 2, 12 ga., synthetic stock and 28" barrel.

Thinking about getting one for trap/skeet for the most part, occasional hunting. Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    1. The Xtrema 2 is made by Beretta and it is a Waterfowl specific gun.
    If you are looking for a skeet/trap/clays gun with occasional hunting look into the Benelli M2 or possibly the Cordoba.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    My neighbor just got a VINCI. That thing must be made of air and it does'nt seem to kick much more than guns weighing twice as much. Of course if you want to save a $1000 dollars or so there is always Remington and Mossberg.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Beretta 390/3901/391's are pretty dang good guns. Anything in that family would suit you well.

I have a Beretta 391 Parralel Trap I've used for everything from Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, International Skeet, Pheasants, etc. Parts are plentiful and they are reasonably priced. I've probably got 10,000 rounds through mine without a problem.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Benelli doesn't make a target gun. You don't really see them being used for that because the recoil is greater than on a gas gun. Almost every autoloader you see today for target work is in the Beretta 391 family. Though there really isn't such a thing as an all round shotgun, a 391 Sporting clays gun with the 30" bbl comes close. It's also a 3" chambered gun, so it'll work for waterfowl too. The Extrema is a great gun, but a little more pricy. The only perceived advantage is that it's a 3 1/2" chamber, which no one needs.

I have 3 391s (Trap, Sporter & Field). They have all been 100% reliable. I also had the Parallel Target Model... also a nice gun, but the grip angle on that gun is different (tighter) than the other models and my big hand could never get comfy with that. If you have a small to medium mitt, that too should work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom