• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    would love an HBAR that mimics an M16A2. 20" barrel would be nice, but if a had to go with a 16" i could, definitely want the fixed stock in the style of the 'ol m16. I realize I could build one from parts but I was wondering if any IP's or members know of a production gun like this. Thank you.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have an old Colt HBAR that I made to be an M16 DMR clone. It's an EXCELLENT rifle. HBARs are more accurate than ill ever be. You'll be happy with you choice!

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    what's better, stainless or chrome barrel?

Stainless is generally more accurate, but the expected service life is shorter. Also Bushmaster tends to chamber their stainless barrels in .223 instead of 5.56. So there is potential for reliability issues with M193 & M855. These barrels are the best if you're into precision shooting (service rifle competition or woodchuck busting).

The chromed lined barrels are the best 'all around' barrels. They are more than accurate enough for non competative shooting and have a longer service life.

So there is no 'better', just 'better' for a specific purpose.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    The M16A3/4 really is the best rifle configuration. you're going to want a flat top at some point, might as well get one.

a4.jpg

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    The M16A3/4 really is the best rifle configuration. you're going to want a flat top at some point, might as well get one.

a4.jpg

No offense to anyone here, but I hate flat tops. I hate quad rails. I hate full length top rails.

I certainly appreciate a good gun when I see one even if its all railed up but I don't want a flashlight, laser, front grip, acog, eotech, Mr.coffee and a 4 slice toaster on my gun. That's just me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom