• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZBuman

Mar 22, 2013
    Hey everyone. I am moving out to MD in August. I am currently active about once a month in different pistol shoots. Mostly it is IDPA and some USPSA mixed in. I have no real preference and eventually want to move into multi gun.

My question is I am going to be living in Aberdeen and I have been searching for ranges and comps around there, anyone know of anything in that area? Also I dont' mind traveling some so really anything will help.

Also do I have to be a member of a club to shoot in matches? I found Eastern Shore Club and it seems to me that I have to be a member to shoot at their comps their but not really sure, anyone with any information on them would be great as they seem to be closest to me.

Also I've seen a few threads on here about different matches but I don't really know where the people are talking about, not being familiar with the area. So basically any info will help. Also if there are already thread on this please point me the way. I've searched and can't really seem to find what I am looking for. Thanks in advance and happy shooting.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Hey everyone. I am moving out to MD in August. I am currently active about once a month in different pistol shoots. Mostly it is IDPA and some USPSA mixed in. I have no real preference and eventually want to move into multi gun.

My question is I am going to be living in Aberdeen and I have been searching for ranges and comps around there, anyone know of anything in that area? Also I dont' mind traveling some so really anything will help.

Also do I have to be a member of a club to shoot in matches? I found Eastern Shore Club and it seems to me that I have to be a member to shoot at their comps their but not really sure, anyone with any information on them would be great as they seem to be closest to me.

Also I've seen a few threads on here about different matches but I don't really know where the people are talking about, not being familiar with the area. So basically any info will help. Also if there are already thread on this please point me the way. I've searched and can't really seem to find what I am looking for. Thanks in advance and happy shooting.

There's plenty of us in the area let us know when u get here I'll take ya to the range

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just page thru the competitive shooting thread and you will see a lot of idpa, uspsa, 3 gun and related matches being posted. also go to uspsa and idpa websites for club listings. i'm not aware of any idpa or uspsa or 3 gun matches in the md/va/pa/wv area where you have to belong to that club to do the matches.

AZBuman

Mar 22, 2013
    davsco, I appreciate the info and that's what I've been doing. The biggest problem I'm having is that some of the clubs I'm finding through USPSA website don't really say if you have to belong or don't. Also many people talk about areas where they shoot and I have no idea where they are talking about, just don't know the area at all really. Really just trying to get some advance intel before I arrive so I can hit the ground shooting. Thanks for the reply.

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    lots to shoot

i am new to this as well but am finding that there are plenty of opportunities to shoot. my son and I have been attending matches a couple of times a month in York IWLA which is probably about an hour from Aberdeen. We also went to a small match at Delta Peach Bottom fish and game which is even closer. I am hoping to attend an IDPA style match during the week (Monday nights) in Delaware which is less than an hour from me but probably an hour or so from Baltimore.

one thing that we have been inundated with help from others as we learn the sport ourselves. folks have lent us equipment, guns and been very helpful with advice.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Izaak Walton League of America, outside of Dallastown Pa, about an hour from Aberdeen. We do two multigun (wilt pistol only options) type shoots a month, as well as special events throughout the year. You do not have to be a member to participate. Look at our club website at www.yorkiwla.org , and follow our blog at www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com. Look forward to your arrival.

gary

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Anne Arundel Co. Fish and Game does IDPA. They are about an hour from Aberdeen.

Also be aware we have an assault weapons ban going into effect in October as well as a ridiculous new handgun purchase licensing system. So I HIGHLY urge you to buy any tactical rifles on our ban list as well as any handguns you want BEFORE you move here.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'm not involved in competitions, but I am a frequent customer at Freestate Gun Range (http://freestategunrange.com/). It is about 25 minutes south of you. They are great folks with an excellent facility. They offer an annual membership for $250 that gives you free lane time and other benefits. They might be able to help you locate the other stuff you are talking about.

Here is the contact information:
    11500 Crossroads Circle
    Middle River, MD 21220
    Phone: 410-335-5100
    Hours: 10AM - 10PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33