• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Since I'm just getting into reloading, I'm not sure if this is the norm or not. I've been looking for Federal #210M large rifle primers and every place I've checked is out of stock. Are these really that popular or is it just that it's a particular time of year? I ended up not even buying some brass (since I got rid of mine that I had) or bullets since I couldn't seem to find the primers. Do you guys have any recommendations as to a comparable replacement to those?

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Since I'm just getting into reloading, I'm not sure if this is the norm or not. I've been looking for Federal #210M large rifle primers and every place I've checked is out of stock. Are these really that popular or is it just that it's a particular time of year? I ended up not even buying some brass (since I got rid of mine that I had) or bullets since I couldn't seem to find the primers. Do you guys have any recommendations as to a comparable replacement to those?

Curious - What cartridge are you loading, to need "Match" primers????????

I've used Federal "M" (Match) primers for years, when shooting High Power Rifle and wanted to squeeze a little better groups out of my handloads.

What iH8DemLibz said is a GREAT replacement. Winchester LR (Large Rifle) primers are very good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I have also been looking for them during the past month or two at every site that Google pulled up with no luck. I wanted them for a future Creedmoor purchase and considered the CCI BR primers instead. I finally gave up and ordered all of the other primers that I needed. Stupid hazmat fees.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm going to be loading 308 168g or 175g AMAX. Grouping is the main reason for looking at these. I've really been getting more into long range and precision shooting so I wanted to go with the best options.

Thanks iH8DemLibz for the alternate. I'll check these out too

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm going to be loading 308 168g or 175g AMAX. Grouping is the main reason for looking at these. I've really been getting more into long range and precision shooting so I wanted to go with the best options.

Thanks iH8DemLibz for the alternate. I'll check these out too

You'll be very happy with them.

I was having ignition difficulties/delays with my .243 Winchester hand loads and CCI primers. Shots were all over the place.

Changed over to the WLRs. They instantly turned my Browning A-Bolt into a consistent .5 MOA rifle.

Not too shabby for a guy who hunts deer from a ground blind...:lol2:

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    I've really been getting more into long range and precision shooting so I wanted to go with the best options.

Precision shooting is a sport of trial and error, noting what things effect group size for better or worse and by how much.

The best way to start the process is to start. So go to your local store and buy a 100 count box of all of the the LRP's they do have and see if you can tell the difference in group sizes between them. By the time you have that information the 210m's will have come back around and you can give them a try too.

FWIW I have some guns that like Wolf, Remington, Winchester, CCI, Federal, not sure I have found one that prefers S&B yet though. The only way to find out is to test them all.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Precision shooting is a sport of trial and error, noting what things effect group size for better or worse and by how much.

The best way to start the process is to start. So go to your local store and buy a 100 count box of all of the the LRP's they do have and see if you can tell the difference in group sizes between them. By the time you have that information the 210m's will have come back around and you can give them a try too.

FWIW I have some guns that like Wolf, Remington, Winchester, CCI, Federal, not sure I have found one that prefers S&B yet though. The only way to find out is to test them all.

I was in Bass Pro Friday and the place was picked clean. They had some pistol primers and a few magnum primers, but coudn't really get anything. I may go order some different stuff online later today.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    You'll be very happy with them.

I was having ignition difficulties/delays with my .243 Winchester hand loads and CCI primers. Shots were all over the place.

Changed over to the WLRs. They instantly turned my Browning A-Bolt into a consistent .5 MOA rifle.

Not too shabby for a guy who hunts deer from a ground blind...:lol2:

That makes sense as Winchester is supposed to be the hottest.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I think there is one in February too if I'm not mistaken. Was going to wait for that one, but if time frees up, the January one may work too. :)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Retail is seriously tapped out. If you're desperate, I saw some on Gun Broker. Some prices absurd, some not quite as absurd.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm not to the point of gunbroker prices yet haha. With Christmas coming up and medical procedures I'll be dealing with this afternoon and Friday I'm in no rush at the moment. Not saying I want to wait too long, but may do the Chantilly route if I'm up to it and time allows next weekend.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Retail is seriously tapped out. If you're desperate, I saw some on Gun Broker. Some prices absurd, some not quite as absurd.

I picked up a box of Federal Match SPPs for $33 at the last Chantilly show. Those were going for $40+ earlier this year, if you could find them. There were plenty of primers at the four reloading vendors, with a variety of manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom