• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    ive given joining delta peach bottom game and fish a good thought as im only 35 minutes drive away from there. i live in the fallston area and would like a local club i could join for social events 2a support and shooting. i have two young boys and as they grow id like to involve them in shooting sports. baltimore county fish and game looks like a nice club but from what i hear its exclusive and you have to"know somebody" to get in. id apreciate any and all input and guidance on this topic.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I joined delta peach bottom this year, and like you find it about a 35 minute drive from the Falston area. I will say that I think it has hit its membership cap at 1,000 members, so getting in at this point might require putting your name on a waiting list.

Nevertheless, I know the CMP rifle event and steel target events held at the end of the month are not restricted to members, so you could drop in for those. I am not certain if there are restrictions on other events held up there.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    I joined delta peach bottom this year, and like you find it about a 35 minute drive from the Falston area. I will say that I think it has hit its membership cap at 1,000 members, so getting in at this point might require putting your name on a waiting list.

Nevertheless, I know the CMP rifle event and steel target events held at the end of the month are not restricted to members, so you could drop in for those. I am not certain if there are restrictions on other events held up there.

any chance that membership cap will go up or slots become available in the near future? also do they prorate yearly membership say if i joined now would the full price apply for only three months?

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I live in the Fallston area too. I agree with Trekker on trying to join Delta Peach Bottom. I have been a member there for years and its great... Give it a try to join or get on the wait list..

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    No idea if they will increase the total number of membership. No proation, year membership for the year regardless of the month.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Join Delta now. Put name onto waitlist/ lottery list for Balt F&G . By the time your number comes up, you'll have been member long enough at Delta to know if you want to stick there for a dual membership.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Hopewell is probably only 20 minutes from Fallston. It's a "work" club if thats a big deal or not for you.

I think they have up to 300 yards rifle

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am in Churchville and joined SLCFSA. About 40 minutes from my house. AMAZING facilities.

But you will have to wait until after the first of the year for some members to drop out and create openings.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    I am in Churchville and joined SLCFSA. About 40 minutes from my house. AMAZING facilities.

But you will have to wait until after the first of the year for some members to drop out and create openings.

What does slcfsa stand for? Where are they located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    How does the membership at Hopewell work? Determined amount of work hours or dues or combination of both?

No idea, I just always ASSumed you pay yearly membership dues and then still do the required work hours per year.

I've spent a lot of time at Hopewell, their sporting clays course is cost effective and always a good challenge plus they are really local to the crew I shoot with, so Hopewell has always been one of our go-to places for sporting clays.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    It may be a bit longer drive but if you are looking for a great junior program for your kids, take a look at Seitzland Rifle Club in New Freedom, PA. The juniors there are recognized nationally as some of the best and they are getting college scholarship offers.

Mike M

May 11, 2012
    Another recommendation for SLCFSA. They make it a point to get young folks involved in their activities. Their range facilities are excellent and have had the range to myself.

Mike

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I normally have the range to my self.

And they have youth indoor air rifle and archery during the winter. The club house is that big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom