Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    This is the destination and whoever wants to pitch a tent lol

96f6aa4b2cabf5b733f1c7e845594cff.jpg
    d7858cb71b7f55935f471290efba2dac.jpg
    fb22b8222f722145eb0343f1805820af.jpg
    Beautiful spot, man.

IMG_20220724_101904441_HDR.jpg

You have grass. I'm used to mud and rocks.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If the venue is Blaster's place in NE PA and the event is in August or later, I am interested +1.
    (I'm finally starting to get back on my feet post-surgery, and hopefully returning to work on 5/6. Taking time off soon isn't going to happen.)
    We can do it if people want to make the trip. there are 2 other bedrooms with their own bathrooms. someone can take a couch. It gets warm in the Summer, but not too brutal with 1700ft elevation. Tenting wouldn't be too rough. There's plenty camper space too.
    Would be a fun jamboree.

We can do it if people want to make the trip. there are 2 other bedrooms with their own bathrooms. someone can take a couch. It gets warm in the Summer, but not too brutal with 1700ft elevation. Tenting wouldn't be too rough. There's plenty camper space too.
    Would be a fun jamboree.
    I can confirm this. Daytime gets hot, but lower humidity and it cools off significantly when the sun goes down.
    If it is, hypothetically, the weekend of August 10th, I will 100% sign up +1, as I'll already be at Lake Wallenpaupack.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I can confirm this. Daytime gets hot, but lower humidity and it cools off significantly when the sun goes down.
    If it is, hypothetically, the weekend of August 10th, I will 100% sign up +1, as I'll already be at Lake Wallenpaupack.
    We can absolutely do it then too. I assumed I would be seeing you at some point regardless.

Just so we are clear, it certainly won't be just low light shooting. Now I have some time to scout out the SxS trail to the lake.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    We can absolutely do it then too. I assumed I would be seeing you at some point regardless.

Just so we are clear, it certainly won't be just low light shooting. Now I have some time to scout out the SxS trail to the lake.
    If it can be a week or 2 later I am in. There is a good chance I will either be in Gaza again or the West Bank on another mission early August.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If it can be a week or 2 later I am in. There is a good chance I will either be in Gaza again or the West Bank on another mission early August.
    I will be up there in 3 weeks. You and yours are more than welcome to come up anytime you can. Would love to meet the family.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    FWIW, I'd be up for something that isn't a multi-hour drive.

Willing to wait for seasonal darkness at AGC, or even low-light there soon.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sykesville for our LEOSA "low light" qual, we put on very dark goggles.
    It's the stupidest thing ever.
    It's Sykesville. One of the guys at job 2 has told me stories about running the Qual lines there. He got out of that slot as fast as he could. Behind the line NDs were some of the worst stories.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's Sykesville. One of the guys at job 2 has told me stories about running the Qual lines there. He got out of that slot as fast as he could. Behind the line NDs were some of the worst stories.
    They make us load mags over a piece of carpet in case a round hits the asphalt so it doesn't go off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom