• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Are they legal in MD? 27.8 overall length. 19" barrel. Holds more than 10.

Should be - the limit only applies to removeable magazines if I am not mistaken. That M&P12 has a fixed magazine.

That being said, they are over $1,000. I just assume have a former police Remmy 870 with an 18"

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Should be - the limit only applies to removeable magazines if I am not mistaken. That M&P12 has a fixed magazine.
    To be fair to the OP, centerfire rifles with fixed mags > 10rds are banned here. Shotguns with them, on the other hand, are perfectly fine.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So they are legal. Does anyone have one for a honest opinion??

Aesthetically it looks like a S&W parts bin shotgun. I am sure some will love it others will hate it but the "Space gun" tactical shotguns out there the market is getting crowded which is not a bad thing.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    There’s this to at least be aware of. I’d already bought my 2020 mfr’ed IMI TS-12 before S&W jumped into the market with their M&P 12 …

SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR M&P®12 SHOTGUNS

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR SMITH & WESSON® M&P®12 SHOTGUNS MANUFACTURED PRIOR TO OCTOBER 15, 2021

Smith & Wesson has received two field reports of cracked barrels involving the M&P12 Shotgun. To ensure that all of our Shotguns meet Smith & Wesson’s high standards for quality, we are implementing this Safety Recall of all Shotguns manufactured prior to October 15, 2021, to ensure there are no surface anomalies or conditions that might adversely affect the safety, function or performance of these Shotguns.

Please STOP USING your M&P12 Shotgun until it has been inspected and, if necessary, repaired by
    Smith & Wesson.

PRODUCT AFFECTED:

This notice applies to M&P12 Shotguns manufactured prior to October 15, 2021. To determine whether your M&P12 Shotgun is affected, check the label on the box to determine the date of manufacture (see image below). If the manufacture date is prior to October 15, 2021, your shotgun is subject to this Recall and should be returned to Smith & Wesson for inspection. If you are unsure of your date of manufacture, input your serial number below, or call 833-957-3476.

HOW TO LOCATE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER AND DATE OF MANUFACTURE:
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety-recall-notice-mp-12-shotguns

JKM525

Feb 7, 2022
    There’s this to at least be aware of. I’d already bought my 2020 mfr’ed IMI TS-12 before S&W jumped into the market with their M&P 12 …

SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR M&P®12 SHOTGUNS

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR SMITH & WESSON® M&P®12 SHOTGUNS MANUFACTURED PRIOR TO OCTOBER 15, 2021

Smith & Wesson has received two field reports of cracked barrels involving the M&P12 Shotgun. To ensure that all of our Shotguns meet Smith & Wesson’s high standards for quality, we are implementing this Safety Recall of all Shotguns manufactured prior to October 15, 2021, to ensure there are no surface anomalies or conditions that might adversely affect the safety, function or performance of these Shotguns.

Please STOP USING your M&P12 Shotgun until it has been inspected and, if necessary, repaired by
    Smith & Wesson.

PRODUCT AFFECTED:

This notice applies to M&P12 Shotguns manufactured prior to October 15, 2021. To determine whether your M&P12 Shotgun is affected, check the label on the box to determine the date of manufacture (see image below). If the manufacture date is prior to October 15, 2021, your shotgun is subject to this Recall and should be returned to Smith & Wesson for inspection. If you are unsure of your date of manufacture, input your serial number below, or call 833-957-3476.

HOW TO LOCATE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER AND DATE OF MANUFACTURE:
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety-recall-notice-mp-12-shotguns

Yikes, not a point in its favor.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    To be fair to the OP, centerfire rifles with fixed mags > 10rds are banned here. Shotguns with them, on the other hand, are perfectly fine.

Because shotguns are only dangerous to small animals. Duh.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Because shotguns are only dangerous to small animals. Duh.

:lol: :lol2: That AND MD Gen’l Assembly intellects, scratch that, brain matter, is most dangerous to the law abiding! :mad54: :sad20:

OP, just the intro musical score should tell ya: GET THE TS-12! (If you can that is, dunno MD’s sh*tty law anymore (huge relief)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRQ6l4KsRV8

If you do, buy up new, there were a few first Gen that sposedly had some minor function issue(s?) the current production have obviously wrung out …

Some history, in addition to, “might be one of THE MOST important shotguns ever produced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnnLQwaQ62M

:D :lol: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom