• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s34n

Feb 4, 2013
    Not illegal. You just can't have it shipped into the state. You can buy it out of state and bring it in. Perfectly legal.

Thanks, that does make sense now that I think about, although our laws have have nothing to do with making sense.
    I should go to law school so I can have more confidence in exercising an inalienable right.

Here's my 1943 Underwood. I got it on gunbroker.com some time ago. I paid less than $1000.00, not much though. This particular M1 Carbine was issued to Austrian Gendarmerie Officers in the state of Steiermark after WWII. The LGK ST stands for Landes Gendarmerie Kommando Steiermark. The bayonet has a leather handle and is marked US M4 PAL, the scabbard is marked U.S. M8 B.M. Co. I'd love to get more of these Bavarian M1 Carbines but they're hard to come by. Here's a great website about these carbines; www.bavarianm1carbines.com.

P.S. I recently moved from MD to PA and the carbine still has the Red Maryland compliant 10 round magazine attached.

Attachments

• u2.jpg
      u2.jpg
      127.7 KB · Views: 425
    • u4.jpg
      u4.jpg
      100.8 KB · Views: 441
    • u3.jpg
      u3.jpg
      41.8 KB · Views: 424
    • u1.jpg
      u1.jpg
      70.4 KB · Views: 432
    • u5.jpg
      u5.jpg
      100 KB · Views: 437

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I realized that I did not update this thread but I did pick up my first M1 Carbine last month. It is a 1943 Inland Receiver with an Inland Dev of General Motors 1943 barrel. It is an import from South Korea by ARL ORD ARLINGTON VA. It has a lot of early parts and I am happy with the purchase. Turns out it has a 1944 Winchester Stock.

Some part identification
    Bolt = A.I and looks like numbers electric penciled on the top....maybe 1953??
    Slide has a "W" in the well - Winchester
    Recoil Plate - D.I. Dayton Mold Co.
    Triger Assembly says Inland
    Handguard = OI-S.E. Overton which should be correct for Inland
    Stock has "W" in the Slingwell
    Hammer looks to read J-I ??

I realized that I did not update this thread but I did pick up my first M1 Carbine last month. It is a 1943 Inland Receiver with an Inland Dev of General Motors 1943 barrel. It is an import from South Korea by ARL ORD ARLINGTON VA. It has a lot of early parts and I am happy with the purchase. Turns out it has a 1944 Winchester Stock.

Some part identification
    Bolt = A.I and looks like numbers electric penciled on the top....maybe 1953??
    Slide has a "W" in the well - Winchester
    Recoil Plate - D.I. Dayton Mold Co.
    Triger Assembly says Inland
    Handguard = OI-S.E. Overton which should be correct for Inland
    Stock has "W" in the Slingwell
    Hammer looks to read J-I ??

Nice Carbine! Have you fired it yet?

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I have not had the chance to fire it yet but plan on going to VA to visit my brother and hit the range. I picked up a 300rds of ammo, 20 unissued mags, and oiler. I am still looking for a correct sling but they are pricey. Found one for $85 but that is a lot for a sling.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have an inland also. I can only say that some mags out there will not last bolt hold open unless you modify them. Don't modify an original GI mag though.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I can remember My Dad saying " are You sure You want to spend Your money on that ?", it was 1962 and the Inland cost Me $17.50 USD + $2.50 Shipping From the Govment! When I take it Out of the safe Today I still Here My Dad's Words and it brings a smile to My Face!. Yingpin if You read Post and want to talk Wood....I need a Winchester Stock!

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I just picked up a inland carbine need to source some mags. how important is having the correct manufacture mags to match the gun ?

As long as they are USGI, it doesn't matter. I've owned Winchester and Inland carbines and all varieties of mags worked fine in them. I can't speak for new production mags.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I was worried about keeping the guns value with having the correct mags for it, if it even matters I am not sure

Carbine mags were/are expendable items, because the tabs that engage the magazine catch wear out. If you want take the carbine to the range regularly, get some brand name commercial mags for use, and set aside the original USGI mags as collectors items to go with the rifle for show or if you ever sell it (out of state with the 15 rounders, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom