• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    i used it at the last quantico match and it did good.

i zeroed at 100yds. shot it at 200 and it grouped at 200yds the same as black hills 175s

i'll be ordering some more of this for future matches, probably a case or more, hit me up if you want to order some, we can save on shipping.

K

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    I just ordered 200 rounds, just to try it out. but if it my gun likes it. I will let you know before I order more.
    Mike [ M225] was looking into buying some, you might want to PM him about purchasing some.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Has anyone tried any of this ammo? If you have what are your thoughts.
    I've been shooting it and it's quite a performance bargain. I had been getting 3/4 MOA from my LTR with it, but the latest batch didn't seem to shoot quite as well for me. A lot of the guys get sub-minute groups with it regularly though. In my 26" rifle, the long range drop tracked right with FGMM 175s. Best thing to do is grab a box or two and test it in your rifle.

USArmorment carries it, and Rory is right there in Jersey, not far from Philly, so delivery is very prompt.

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    Thanks for your input guys. I am trying hard to get what I need to shoot long range with you guys. the biggest problem is finding somewhere to shoot over 200yds. I can shoot under 1MOA at 200yds easy, I guess the best thing for me to do is just go to some of the F- class matches and just whiff some targets at first.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Once you have the marksmanship basics down and your equipment is working well at closer ranges, there is really no other way to start but to just go try it.

Quantico offers a unique opportunity to learn to shoot matches, because Steve and Willie run them under somewhat relaxed 'modified' rules and because of the assistance you'll typically get from fellow shooters. If your scope will allow you to dial on enough elevation to get zeroed at 1,000 yards, there is really nothing else to it. Grab 65-70 rounds and join us on Feb 8th, the next match date.

This weekend, Steve is going to open Range 4 after the club meeting and we'll be there shooting casually. If you want to come down and shoot, I'll sign you in as my guest and you can get on the range for $10.

There is also that Mayberry Tactical/Precision Rifle match on Feb 7th between Taneytown and Westminster. . .

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I tried to order some more today and he is listed as out of stock....

Went shooting with Terry for about 4 hours and I managed to shoot several groups under 1moa. With me behind the wheel that's impressive. I think I may be ready to try it out in Feb!

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I tried to order some more today and he is listed as out of stock....
    I'm not up for it this pass, but if you guys can get an order together for solid cases of 500 (@$430 delivered last time I ordered), you can buy it directly from Jim at American Ballistics. Just make sure you pin him down on a delivery date . . .
    Went shooting with Terry for about 4 hours and I managed to shoot several groups under 1moa. With me behind the wheel that's impressive. I think I may be ready to try it out in Feb!
    Cool!! Be glad to have you shoot with us!:cool:

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    Once you have the marksmanship basics down and your equipment is working well at closer ranges, there is really no other way to start but to just go try it.

Quantico offers a unique opportunity to learn to shoot matches, because Steve and Willie run them under somewhat relaxed 'modified' rules and because of the assistance you'll typically get from fellow shooters. If your scope will allow you to dial on enough elevation to get zeroed at 1,000 yards, there is really nothing else to it. Grab 65-70 rounds and join us on Feb 8th, the next match date.

This weekend, Steve is going to open Range 4 after the club meeting and we'll be there shooting casually. If you want to come down and shoot, I'll sign you in as my guest and you can get on the range for $10.

There is also that Mayberry Tactical/Precision Rifle match on Feb 7th between Taneytown and Westminster. . .

this is truly the place for a beginner who is testing the waters, i had a blast. i asked Ed atleast a million questions, all the people are friendly, Terry helped me w/ my ammo before i even met him, i even hopped a ride w/ Scott.

you couldn't ask for a better group of stand up guys. :thumbsup:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

We had a good time yesterday too!! The first group he shot in the 1" circle he thought his rifle was broke.:lol2:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    We had a good time yesterday too!! The first group he shot in the 1" circle he thought his rifle was broke.:lol2:

The annoying part was doing it with Bad form and needing another hours worth of practice using the proper form to get it back....

S1gnal

Stereotype breaker
    May 2, 2008
    Central Maryland
    i used it at the last quantico match and it did good.

i zeroed at 100yds. shot it at 200 and it grouped at 200yds the same as black hills 175s

i'll be ordering some more of this for future matches, probably a case or more, hit me up if you want to order some, we can save on shipping.

K

Hey if you're ordering soon let me know I'd like to get at least 5 boxes for myself and two to replace some ammo I got from Ed a while back.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Placed an order....up to $450 now....:sad20:
    Bummer . . . makes me want to buy 10k now and beat the next hike. Ammo is STILL outperforming my 401K. :rolleyes:

But he said it would ship on Friday!:D
    Which Friday? :evilgrin3

When I placed that last order with him on a Thursday, he said "first of the week", and I just assumed he meant the week we had coming after that weekend. Silly me . . . :sad20:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I asked him if he could guarantee delivery by February 6th, and he said not a problem it would ship this Friday.

Bummer . . . makes me want to buy 10k now and beat the next hike. Ammo is STILL outperforming my 401K.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting another case of two of the lithuanian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom