• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    Has anyone purchased the very good grade, demilled A1 hand guards from US Collectors Ordnance? Pics look pretty good. I want to use them on a new government model, so trying to keep the investment under $100.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    You can occasionally find "NOS" ones on gunbroker if you are willing to wait.

used, very good takeoff: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=476971403

nos single side: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=476787845 it looks like the display one may be creased, so look carefully.

another NOS right side: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=476331147

I would keep a close eye on those take-offs, they look very nice and would compliment most anything but a NOS correct grade build.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    OK another dumb question. What's a demilled hand guard set?
    From what I have read, demilled means the government "damaged" the item in some way before selling it. In most cases it appears they either dented the heat shield or put a small hole in it. Does not seem to impact fit or function. I have no idea why.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I just got 2 from Matt,the gunfighter in the classifieds here for $20. He had one pair left. Good condition.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    From what I have read, demilled means the government "damaged" the item in some way before selling it. In most cases it appears they either dented the heat shield or put a small hole in it. Does not seem to impact fit or function. I have no idea why.

Not always true. If items are getting phased out they also demill them and they can be new in the box or what not. The handguards I bought were new in the sealed wrap. Of course that's how it was when I was in. Might have changed. :D

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    got mine from us collector's... worked great!

Bought a full set, hand guards/pistol grip/but stock, all early M16A1 for $40 yesterday from Sarco @ Knob Creek machine gun shoot. Next walk though they had another set for the same price and good but dirty condition.
    Mine will clean up very nicely. They are good to deal with, call em up, $40 for a complete set that is not cracked, scuffed or with broken tabs is a great deal.

-Whitey

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom