• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slickvolt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    SOCOM M1A

The SOCOM M1A comes in a variety of loadouts...before the demand was so high, due to Democrats being 100% the party of traitors and theives, this popular and beautiful weapon ranged from about $1200 for the basic match grade weapon to about $ 3000 for the decked out SOCOM II tactical weapon....

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    I too have been pricing them lately and here is some of my research: 2013 current market pricing

Standard M1A with black syn stock - Online pricing $1479 Local Gun Shop - $1495-$1595
    Standard M1A with Walnut stock - Online pricing $1739 Local Gun Shop - N/A
    Scout Squad 18" with Walnut stock - online pricing $1995 Local Gun Shop - N/A
    SOCOM with black syn stock - Online pricing $1995 Local Gun Shop - N/A
    SOCOM II black syn stock, full pict. rail - Online pricing $2049-$2399 Local Gun Shop- $2250 - $2495
    SA M1A Bush Rifle, 18" black syn stock (like scout squad) USED $1795
    Fulton Armory M14 SOCOM $2800+
    Fulton Armory ESR $2900+

note: online pricing are online retailers that are/were in stock at the time. Not GunBroker prices. Local Gun Shop is also in stock at time or price to reserve/order

GunBroker prices:
    Standard M1A NEW with syn black stock - $1800 - $2300
    Standard M1A NEW with Walnut Stock - $1900 - $2400
    Scout Squad 18" barrel with Walnut Stock - $1995 - $2400
    SOCOM with black syn stock - $2100+
    SOCOM II with black syn stock and full rail - $2200+

I was tracking prices on GB for a couple weeks and lost interest when I saw local gun shops and online retailers getting in a more steady supply of rifles. Sometimes it would be a deal on for a "like new" rifle or NIB rifle with a number of magazines. Obviously each auction may have a justified price, however... I think, as with most semi-auto rifles on GB, the M1A prices are rather inflated.

Magazines: (reference 20-round mags)
    Springfield Factory with SA markings are going for $65 - $80 at online retailers
    Checkmate Industries - CMI mags are going for $29 - $40 at online retailers
    CMI stainless mags $35-$50
    KCI -imported Korean mags $15 - $25
    Thermold Poly mags $22 - $30
    ... WHEN you can find them in stock. Most are out of stock.

I've also kept an eye on the classifieds and various forums to check prices and availability. There are some factory unmolested rifles out there, they get snatched up quick and prices are on par with current market value. Lots of EBR builds, TROY chassis builds, etc... as expected for such custom built rifles, prices are high ($2650 - $5000+)

Pre-panic pricing from 2011/2012: not exact or as detailed as I currently have, but here were some prices that I made note of in my research. These are online retailers low price".
    SA M1A Standard $1377
    SA M1A Scout Squad $1441
    SA M1A SOCOM $1546
    SA M1A SOCOM II $1899
    SA M1A Standard Loaded $1468

My observations are that M1A/M14 rifles are currently available for a "reasonable" price. If you can find the one you are looking for and get it within $100-$150 of market "low" prices I've listed. Then you are doing well and should not hesitate at the purchase.

Happy to share the info, and let me know if you come across other in your research. I'm hoping to put a deposit down on one myself very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom