• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I'm having trouble keeping the XTM panels tight on the rail. Everytime i shoot they loosen and will fall off. Has anyone else had this problem and what's the fix?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've used the XTMs (and handstop kits) extensively, and I know what you're talking about. The solution I used was to lightly smack the panel with a small nylon mallet while squeezing the sides. Worked very well.

Now, if you think that's bad, wait until you try to get them off. :)

Still, I really like the XTMs on my AR-15s - I know that ladders are much lower profile, but I also found they didn't do as good a job of protecting my hands.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Can't say I have. In fact, they are so damn tight, it's going to be a pain in the ass getting them off. Are you sure you put them on right? Are you sure you didn't get the airsoft versions?

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I purchased them from Midway. I have pushed them as tight as possible but havn't tryed using a mallet yet. I'll give that a try and hopefully they will stay tight.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I purchased them from Midway. I have pushed them as tight as possible but havn't tryed using a mallet yet. I'll give that a try and hopefully they will stay tight.

I didn't need to use a mallet but it did take me a few minutes to understand how they snapped on. They should be extremely tight once you have them installed properly. Make sure they are fully snapped.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    never had an issue with unbroken ones. Some times the tabs can get flexed out and do not want to lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom