• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thebrotha167

Dec 27, 2007
    Wyomissing, PA
    I just mailed my application for a Virginia CHP. I'll see how long it takes for it to be processed. My FL CWP took 36 days to be issued and 46 days until received in mail. I heard Virginia is quick, so we'll see if this is the case.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I just mailed my application for a Virginia CHP. I'll see how long it takes for it to be processed. My FL CWP took 36 days to be issued and 46 days until received in mail. I heard Virginia is quick, so we'll see if this is the case.

I've heard VA is very quick, like three weeks quick. I do have to ask why you are pursuing a VA permit if you already have a FL permit? I don't believe there are any states that take the VA permit that don't also take the FL permit, but I could be wrong.

thebrotha167

Dec 27, 2007
    Wyomissing, PA
    Its because I'm moving to Virginia in a few months and I would like to have it before I move there. Plus having a Va resident permit would grant me carry in MI and WV. Plus SC is considering a bill that would allow for recognition of all states resident permits- we have property in SC and it would be good to be able to carry there.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Its because I'm moving to Virginia in a few months and I would like to have it before I move there. Plus having a Va resident permit would grant me carry in MI and WV. Plus SC is considering a bill that would allow for recognition of all states resident permits- we have property in SC and it would be good to be able to carry there.

OK, next question. If you are moving to Virginia, wouldn't it make more sense to wait until you actually live there to apply for it? If not, you are probably going to have to do some sort of address change procedure after you get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom