• ...and so much more!
  • Are you Going?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I can't believe all the bickering going on here about this date or that date, why on a Saturday... should be a weekday and on and on. If we are this splintered on something this simple, how in the heck are we going to successfully send the message that we demand the preservation of our 2A rights! It doesn't matter who started which one, attend both if at all possible!!! Why on weekend?? Because there are a LOT more people available to attend without having to take time from work!!! Some are wondering why the 19th, maybe we should dump that and do our thing on the 8th. I haven't seen any comment here that indicates that the group is aware this is NOT a Maryland event only, it is planned for ALL the state capitals on the same day. Even if it is only local media coverage, the national media will have to cover it if we have a good showing! If we all get out and support BOTH dates we will be sending the message we want heard. I'm planning to attend the rally this Saturday in Annapolis. I don't have a large group going and I don't know how many more are going to drive up from the Lower Shore, but I am! There really is no reason for all of us who are not working (or other VERY good reason) NOT to be there this Saturday!!!!

Rouser - I think almost all the bickering was centered around the fact that it was so poorly planned. Intentions are good and it does seem to be building some steam but I have no idea how someone in 2013 could attempt he plan a rally on guns and not do a fast search on "Maryland guns" to find out who's around that you can work with. I think the general perception is that we can't afford to have a bunch of noobs jumping in at this moment trying to wing something off the cuff. At least we have some rational guidance from groups like MSI that are aware of the politics and help make the right kinds of efforts.

That said. We have been notoriously crappy about showing up for stuff. I don't know if that's because we're a bunch of Internet gun nerds ( me I mean, you guys are fine) or maybe we're just lazy and jaded about MD 2a issues. I've had to do a little soul searching the last few days and its not been pretty. If we can't get 5% of our members (800 people) out for these things then we absolutely get what we deserve. ( I'm referring to myself here, you guys are fine.)

No matter. At this point we have to join forces as best we can and help steer th message and momentum. I actually have some respect for these people that popped up out of nowhere to put hese things together.

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    Kashmir1008 - As you can see I don't post very often (understatement!!) and I have strong feelings on this issue and got fustrated in reading the forum. My intent was to get folks to get off their butts and GO! I don't know who, why or when these things got organized, I just think we need to DO SOMETHING!!! We here in MD really need to be vocal because our Governor plans to do the same thing NY just did today, regardless of the Federal efforts. This group is the best thing I've seen in a long time about shooting in a local area and I do really hope we, as a group, can be heard in Annapolis when needed to not only fend off new regulations but to also show that we need to back off some of the unnecessary restrictions we are facing with MSI. Come on everyone!! Let's make a good showing at any event supporting our views!!!

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Kashmir1008 - As you can see I don't post very often (understatement!!) and I have strong feelings on this issue and got fustrated in reading the forum. My intent was to get folks to get off their butts and GO! I don't know who, why or when these things got organized, I just think we need to DO SOMETHING!!! We here in MD really need to be vocal because our Governor plans to do the same thing NY just did today, regardless of the Federal efforts. This group is the best thing I've seen in a long time about shooting in a local area and I do really hope we, as a group, can be heard in Annapolis when needed to not only fend off new regulations but to also show that we need to back off some of the unnecessary restrictions we are facing with MSI. Come on everyone!! Let's make a good showing at any event supporting our views!!!

Understood Rouser - we're all on the same page. These are dark days and we all need to take a part in the effort. I wish it were not so but now we have no other option but to speak up and be heard. Albeit it may be too late, we must stand and be counted.

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    At the beginning of this thread the 19th rally (the Maryland sub-section) had 50 attending on the Facebook event. No we're at 250. Keep spreading the word!

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Lines for Signs

Here are some ideas for lines on your signs. Just thought I'd share some.

-Bill of right not bill of needs
    -Guns don’t kill people, gun control does
    -Millions of gun owners hurt no one yesterday
    -Spoons cause diabetes
    -Fear the govt that fears your guns
    -Gun free zones kill children
    -This is what our founders feared
    -Hands off our guns
    -Immediate armed response will save your child
    -This is people control, forget guns
    -My neighborhood is heavily armed, proceed with caution
    -Free Americans have armament options, slaves don’t
    -The 2nd falls. The rest will too.
    -Machine gun defend our president
    -Gun registration threatens rule of law
    -Forget deer, I’m armed because of this govt
    -Muskets were “assault rifles”
    -Evil succeeds when good men do nothing
    -Don’t buy the Obama lies of disarmament
    -Americans are good and they deserve good armament
    -The police can never respond in time... you can
    -Tyrants fear armed Americans
    -Your neighbor is heavily armed and he may save your ass
    -Natural rights will never be taken away
    -Evil people do evil things. Guns stop them, always have
    -Fiscal cliff threatens destruction and they want my .22?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Hey guys I REALLY NEED A RIDE HERE! Anyone going that is ANYWHERE near columbia MD, I'll find a way to get to you or whatever, and give money for gas if picked up, but I see the 19th approaching and I still don't have a ride, and I'm starting to get antsy here!
    PM ME PLEASE! I don't want to miss it, I feel we all need to be there!

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Here are some ideas for lines on your signs. Just thought I'd share some.

-Bill of right not bill of needs
    -Guns don’t kill people, gun control does
    -Millions of gun owners hurt no one yesterday
    -Spoons cause diabetes
    -Fear the govt that fears your guns
    -Gun free zones kill children
    -This is what our founders feared
    -Hands off our guns
    -Immediate armed response will save your child
    -This is people control, forget guns
    -My neighborhood is heavily armed, proceed with caution
    -Free Americans have armament options, slaves don’t
    -The 2nd falls. The rest will too.
    -Machine gun defend our president
    -Gun registration threatens rule of law
    -Forget deer, I’m armed because of this govt
    -Muskets were “assault rifles”
    -Evil succeeds when good men do nothing
    -Don’t buy the Obama lies of disarmament
    -Americans are good and they deserve good armament
    -The police can never respond in time... you can
    -Tyrants fear armed Americans
    -Your neighbor is heavily armed and he may save your ass
    -Natural rights will never be taken away
    -Evil people do evil things. Guns stop them, always have
    -Fiscal cliff threatens destruction and they want my .22?

Their rule on signs say "* We encourage that you bring American flags, Gladsen flags or other tasteful, non-offensive PRO-2 A signs however signs on STICKS are forbidden by Capital Police. NO STICKS PLEASE!"

https://www.facebook.com/events/301340709987039/

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Anyone going from Frederick/Gtown/Gburg?

Hey guys I REALLY NEED A RIDE HERE! Anyone going that is ANYWHERE near columbia MD, I'll find a way to get to you or whatever, and give money for gas if picked up, but I see the 19th approaching and I still don't have a ride, and I'm starting to get antsy here!
    PM ME PLEASE! I don't want to miss it, I feel we all need to be there!

If you're on my way I could give you a ride.

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    YES!!

So is the 19th a 100% go? Kinda confused here.

Yes. The Official Maryland sub-section Facebook Event is located here.

The 19th is Gun Appreciation Day. In addition to that it is a National level event, for everyone to march on their state capitols at noon.

There is apparently also a march on state capitols on Feb 8th which is not affiliated with this rally.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just because someone else handled something in a way they shouldn't have, doesn't mean you shouldn't go support the fight for the 2A.

I am also disappointed in this forum for failing to post this National Level event on their main upcoming events section. But I'm still going.

You do realize that calendar events on "this forum" are generated by the membership and not the staff, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom