• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Are these tough to come by? What are the chances of any of these beauties being at Howard county or York? I think I have just become a lever action fan.

Is the 45/70 the biggest caliber in these rifles? What does the 45/70 compare to in normal calibers just to get an idea?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    This is my next gun and caliber... Just want the American walnut stock. A real nice piece to pass down...

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Is the 45/70 the biggest caliber in these rifles? What does the 45/70 compare to in normal calibers just to get an idea?

Well, the 45/70 is pretty much a normal caliber and an old one on top. The only bigger caliber those levers are factory-chambered in is .450 marlin. Same size but higher pressure. .405 winchester was an option at a previous time but is not made anymore, same counts for 50-90.
    If you go full custom, you can get levers in either .416 Taylor or .50 Alaskan. Both interesting rounds and probably more kick than you ever want to meet in your life.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    .450 Marlin is essentially a "lever action" handload from a factory. But harded to find.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, the 45/70 is pretty much a normal caliber and an old one on top. The only bigger caliber those levers are factory-chambered in is .450 marlin. Same size but higher pressure. .405 winchester was an option at a previous time but is not made anymore, same counts for 50-90.
    If you go full custom, you can get levers in either .416 Taylor or .50 Alaskan. Both interesting rounds and probably more kick than you ever want to meet in your life.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom