• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Anyone know any places over here on the shore that offer the class? Crossing the bay bridge on Sat/Sun in July can be a nightmare.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

I will be giving the class every weekend after 4th of July holiday in Kent County, near the high school in Worton

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Just an FYI (I took the training recently betting that this decision would come down in our favor... pretty safe bet, though I was 50/50 on it being 5-4 decision):

I might give it until Monday before submitting (deferred my fingerprinting since I wasn't sure how soon it would come out, so I still need to do that anyway), but I won't delay too long waiting for them to come back with guidance.
    Who in the ACTUAL F**K at the MSP thinks they are actually qualified to legally review a Supreme Court decision? I see this going badly. Maybe the NRA will help us........ha, I almost said that with a straight face!

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I won't be doing anything until it is shown Maryland is operating under "Shall Issue" rules. When "Good and Substantial Reason" requirements are dropped and anyone who applies who otherwise meets the requirements is issued permits and they don't own or run a business, that is when I will move. I won't risk an administrative denial and put my non-resident permits in other states at-risk. In many states including Florida a denial for any reason, even to show the idiocy of the State, is grounds to deny you a permit. I need those permits for reciprocity in the other parts of the country I travel to.

I've waited over a decade for this in Maryland. I can wait a little longer for the gnashing, wailing and screaming in public to stop and cooler heads to prevail at the MSP and MGA that says it is just better to quietly make "self-defense" a G&S and let Maryland be "Shall Issue" with other rules in place.

I think bum rushing the system and shoving this decision in the faces of the MSP, review board and MGA is a good way to earn pushback. I'm going to let the process work itself out. The ruling still has to go back to NY for implementation. Let's see what they do and ensure another state-level smackdown isn't required there before we get excited here. I prefer to let them give up in private and scream against an "activist court" in public with all the hatred that entails as long as my rights prevail in the end.

Of course, I can hope MSP will decide an HQL qualifies as a carry permit since the requirements to get one are very similar to Wear & Carry. I won't be my own money on it.

Matt

Who in the ACTUAL F**K at the MSP thinks they are actually qualified to legally review a Supreme Court decision? I see this going badly. Maybe the NRA will help us........ha, I almost said that with a straight face!
    They have civilian lawyers on staff. MSP will follow the law and accept applications without g&s unless Hogan tells them no. He's the only road block

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I won't be doing anything until it is shown Maryland is operating under "Shall Issue" rules. When "Good and Substantial Reason" requirements are dropped and anyone who applies who otherwise meets the requirements is issued permits and they don't own or run a business, that is when I will move. I won't risk an administrative denial and put my non-resident permits in other states at-risk. In many states including Florida a denial for any reason, even to show the idiocy of the State, is grounds to deny you a permit. I need those permits for reciprocity in the other parts of the country I travel to.

I've waited over a decade for this in Maryland. I can wait a little longer for the gnashing, wailing and screaming in public to stop and cooler heads to prevail at the MSP and MGA that says it is just better to quietly make "self-defense" a G&S and let Maryland be "Shall Issue" with other rules in place.

I think bum rushing the system and shoving this decision in the faces of the MSP, review board and MGA is a good way to earn pushback. I'm going to let the process work itself out. The ruling still has to go back to NY for implementation. Let's see what they do and ensure another state-level smackdown isn't required there before we get excited here. I prefer to let them give up in private and scream against an "activist court" in public with all the hatred that entails as long as my rights prevail in the end.

Of course, I can hope MSP will decide an HQL qualifies as a carry permit since the requirements to get one are very similar to Wear & Carry. I won't be my own money on it.

Matt
    Number of us tried the same bumrush when Woodard v Sheridan struck the G&S down in March 2012. Didn’t work, state held off on decisions while appealing which they ultimately won. They’ll have a temporary manuver of some sort even if just “technical difficulties” to grind the system to a halt while decisions on how to proceed are made.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Matt
    The review board, won't have that much to do now, except for dealing with the marijuana folks who want a carry permit.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I started mine. I put for reason " Self defense in the manor and requirements of the Scotus case nysrpa v ny.
    When I did my DC one as soon as the lower courts ruled some years back, I wrote "The United States Bill of Rights" in the good cause section.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Number of us tried the same bumrush when Woodard v Sheridan struck the G&S down in March 2012. Didn’t work, state held off on decisions while appealing which they ultimately won. They’ll have a temporary manuver of some sort even if just “technical difficulties” to grind the system to a halt while decisions on how to proceed are made.
    We were the "365" that got in under the stay. We had the choice of going through with the app and being denied, or dropping it altogether. I dropped mine as not to have a denied permit I would have to explain.

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    How long is the 16 hour training valid before I submit an application? I might do the training now and wait to submit unless there is a time limit on the expiration of the training.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Well I clicked submit on mine about 20 mins ago. Under the reason I personal protection " self defense per the manor and requirements of the per the Scotus case nysrpa v. bruen "

We shall see in a month or two. Yes I wanted to get ahead, I also fully expect to be denied then take it to appeal. By then it should be figured out.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    How long is the 16 hour training valid before I submit an application? I might do the training now and wait to submit unless there is a time limit on the expiration of the training.
    2 years, its valid for 2 years. so if you take it now and wait a year, its only valid for that year. Thats how it was explained to me.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    We were the "365" that got in under the stay. We had the choice of going through with the app and being denied, or dropping it altogether. I dropped mine as not to have a denied permit I would have to explain.
    I was part of that “we” and I rode it out and was denied. I explained it on the application when I applied again in MD last year on more sure footing without any issues, I think I explained it on at least one other non-res permit also but again no issues.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The review board, won't have that much to do now, except for dealing with the marijuana folks who want a carry permit.
    As I understand it the review board was eliminated by the GA a couple years ago.
    At present if you disagree with an MSP denial you get to argue your case in front of an administrative law judge. With your lawyer.
    MD GA didn't care for subjects successfully questioning their dictates.

jeffgall295

Jun 19, 2022
    Rockville

Thinking about the same, would’ve been surprised if it’s 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom