• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    My guess it is wont be long. The state boys seem reasonable from when I have dealt with them. I have spoken with the state attorney that works with them a few times, he seems reasonable as well.

I think they will do a denial of every app before and after that does not list the case, except those who qualify under the old rules. They will slow walk the others for a few weeks, while they deny a few and see what people do.

I would bet the pile gets pretty big, pretty fast, then the MSP will push back on Frosh. The AG that works with them will probably tell them to start processing if Frosh does not give guidance they believe in.

yes this is a little bit of faith in the system.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My guess it is wont be long. The state boys seem reasonable from when I have dealt with them. I have spoken with the state attorney that works with them a few times, he seems reasonable as well.

I think they will do a denial of every app before and after that does not list the case, except those who qualify under the old rules. They will slow walk the others for a few weeks, while they deny a few and see what people do.

I would bet the pile gets pretty, pretty fast, then the MSP will push back on Frosh. The AG that works with them will probably tell them to start processing if Frosh does not give guidance they believe in.

yes this is a little bit of faith in the system.
    I bet you see guidance from the AG directing MD to be effectively “shall issue”. Thomas left no wiggle room and called out MD specifically

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I bet you see guidance from the AG directing MD to be effectively “shall issue”. Thomas left no wiggle room and called out MD specifically
    Yes in a week I see it going that way, but they will slow walk them, under orders. To give them more time to see if they have any leg to stand on. Which they dont, so flood gates fully open in a few weeks to a month.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yes in a week I see it going that way, but they will slow walk them, under orders. To give them more time to see if they have any leg to stand on. Which they dont, so flood gates fully open in a few weeks to a month.
    Agree. They are going to try like hell.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    +1 - I agree!:party29:
    Coool you guys took a class, the point is in 25 states you don’t even need a permit, and the other 17 that you need a permit don’t have any training at all. FLORIDA requires you not to be a felon and to take a 3 hour “class” where you listen to a guy talk about carrying, than fingerprints and wait for permit in mail.

What if someone who has been carrying for 5-15 years in a free state has to move to Maryland? They need to take a 16 hour class?

Same with live fire: copied from ARFcom

None of the states have live fire tests that's remotely challenging for anyone who's shot more than a few hundred rounds in their lifetime.

The live fire tests only weed out those:

1. Who didn't pay attention in class
    2. Arn't paying attention at the range
    3. Have an undisciplined or haughty attitude about their abilities
    4. Arn't detail oriented
    5. Have muscle and dexterity issues so severe they shouldn't be carrying anyways

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    MD STATE POLICE ON Supreme Court Decision

Attachments

• LD-HPU-22-001 MD W&C Post SCOTUS Decision.pdf
      177.9 KB · Views: 175

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I’m in Frederick and specialize in small group, customized schedules to meet client demand.
    Training curriculum is USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals w MD legal supplement.
    $349 with course book, $329 w/o

PM for more details and offline discussion.
    Thanks!

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Well, I looked at the HGP application for the first time in [however many years it's been since the previous ruling that was overturned by the 4CA] and it's doing a good job of attempting to ruin my Friday.

I think I'm probably going to wait a bit and see if the sections where I have to put in my boss's phone number, describe my relationship with my wife, and give character references disappear. The good news is I have a DD214 so I can skip 16hrs of training.

This state is run by tyrants.

Similar situation. Being in education, none of my supervisors etc would be supportive. Does MSP really check the references? Also, for character references the application says "not related in any way". I presume Bro in laws are out then? What a bunch of crap.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hell, New Jersey already caved.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hell, New Jersey already caved.
    Frosh’s Mustache gives him special powers. Thomas sees into his soul.
    9274B21C-F0C7-4838-BC72-634ED8B22645.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom