• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    So, I don't have any regulated purchases here in MD, all my weapons were procured prior to moving to MD. I have a C&R FFL03 from ATF. I hold a DoD Security clearance for my job.

Mailed my Designated Collector app on 5/20.
    Email MSP last week and got a response tt thy have my app and it will b processed ASAP.
    My wife says I got a letter from MSP today. The gist of the letter is to consider my application "Not Disapproved" pending further investigation.

WTF does that mean? Can I make purchases based on having the DC, or do I still need to wait? This just doesn't make any sense. Only in MD. (or maybe NY)

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    So, I don't have any regulated purchases here in MD, all my weapons were procured prior to moving to MD. I have a C&R FFL03 from ATF. I hold a DoD Security clearance for my job.

Mailed my Designated Collector app on 5/20.
    Email MSP last week and got a response tt thy have my app and it will b processed ASAP.
    My wife says I got a letter from MSP today. The gist of the letter is to consider my application "Not Disapproved" pending further investigation.

WTF does that mean? Can I make purchases based on having the DC, or do I still need to wait? This just doesn't make any sense. Only in MD. (or maybe NY)

Sounds like you're good to go. If things change they will let you know!

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I received my letter today.

Affidavit mailed: 5/8/13
    Email stating I was approved: 7/10/13
    Letter dated: 7/10/13
    Letter received: 7/16/13
    Total time: 69 days

I called TFC Thompson on July 10 after reading a post on MDS about a guy whose DC application was delayed because he's never bought a regulated firearm in Maryland before. I asked her about a possible delay of my application, and she said her typical procedure is to process all the applications she has received in a month from those who have purchased a regulated firearm and then all the applications from those who haven't. I asked her to confirm that she received my application, which she did. She told me that normally my application would be delayed, but since she had just pulled it to confirm receipt, she would process it that day. Later that day she emailed me and told me I was approved. Thank you, TFC Thompson.

Let the O'Malley shopping spree begin.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I asked her about a possible delay of my application, and she said her typical procedure is to process all the applications she has received in a month from those who have purchased a regulated firearm and then all the applications from those who haven't.

So, that makes a lot of sense. I thought our applications (i.e., those of us with no ND paperwork -- even if we have 3-4 in the queue) would be delayed indefinitely. Sounds like it is just until all others that were received that month. I guess some of us (me? lol) got worked up over nothing.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    Mailed 5/13 emailed 7/15 letter dated 7/15 got in the mail today 7/18 and got my ND for my lower today been a good day

J Quest

Jul 1, 2013
    I mailed my application in on 6/4, emailed MDSP on 7/17, MDSP responded with application approved letter will be mailed out shortly on 7/18,

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Filled out my app at the Gun Shop on June 1. Got my letter in the mail yesterday. Quicker than I expected given all the stuff going on at the MSP.

Does one need to bring the letter with them every time they buy a gun? Not sure why, but I expected to be given a collector's id number. Apparently that isn't needed? I can't remember what is on the form.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    Filled out my app at the Gun Shop on June 1. Got my letter in the mail yesterday. Quicker than I expected given all the stuff going on at the MSP.

Does one need to bring the letter with them every time they buy a gun? Not sure why, but I expected to be given a collector's id number. Apparently that isn't needed? I can't remember what is on the form.

The form just asks of you are, so just a yes/no question. No number needed. They'll see if you really are when they are processing your paperwork.

landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    Confirmed with Trooper Thompson today that she is currently working on June 18th received date for DC apps.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The 77r has a check box yes or no for DC status. I'd guess the threat of lying on an easily checked status on the 77r keeps most people honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom