• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Hi all, new member here. Has anyone received a 75 question healthcare survey from the above department as a result of an HQL application? I would normally consider it as junk mail and trash it but I applied for my HQL last week and the only completed step is DHMH so it got me wondering if it's somehow related.

Many of the questions start with "In the last 12 months". I'm bad and haven't been to a doctor for years, nor have I used my employer provided plan since we switched to it 5 years ago. Could the State be digging deeper to make sure I'm not a ghost since they can't find any records?

The cover letter mentions only NCQA and WBA Research will see my answers but who knows for sure.

Gaspasser19

Oct 17, 2015
    Certainly seems like a coincidence to me as I recently received my HQL but no such spam. However, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that no one is out to get you ;).

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Hi all, new member here. Has anyone received a 75 question healthcare survey from the above department as a result of an HQL application? I would normally consider it as junk mail and trash it but I applied for my HQL last week and the only completed step is DHMH so it got me wondering if it's somehow related.

Many of the questions start with "In the last 12 months". I'm bad and haven't been to a doctor for years, nor have I used my employer provided plan since we switched to it 5 years ago. Could the State be digging deeper to make sure I'm not a ghost since they can't find any records?

The cover letter mentions only NCQA and WBA Research will see my answers but who knows for sure.

Ill update this if I get the same questionnaire. I have fought the HQL but now that my daughter wants to get into competitive shooting and she needs a new gun, I just sent my app in last week. It absolutely kills me that I have to ask the state for a license for my rights:mad54:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Hi all, new member here. Has anyone received a 75 question healthcare survey from the above department as a result of an HQL application?

MHCC concerns itself with the financing of hospitals and nursing homes. They dont care about you, they care about utilization of healthcare resources in a geographic area. Do you live anywhere within 15miles of Largo ?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Pay attention to the part in bold.

I'd throw it in the trash, because it is not official correspondence for your HQL. If MSP LD had questions, they would call you or send you a letter on MSP LD letterhead, in a MSP LD marked envelope

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Strange indeed. I NEVER receive any mail pertaining to healthcare, junk or not. When I searched Maryland Health Care Commission the site header also displayed DHMH although it's a different site and street address in Baltimore.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    MHCC concerns itself with the financing of hospitals and nursing homes. They dont care about you, they care about utilization of healthcare resources in a geographic area. Do you live anywhere within 15miles of Largo ?

It could be 15 miles. I'm very close to the PG line.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    It could be 15 miles. I'm very close to the PG line.

There is some re-shuffling of hospitals in that area. Washington Adventist has received approval to move from Takoma Park to White Oak. At this time, MHCC is reviewing the certificate of need (CON) application for the relocation of PG general from Cheverly to Largo. Part of that process is to get a map of who uses healthcare services in the area. It is possible that the survey you received is related to one of those hospital relocations (or just a general survey conducted by MHCC).

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    There is some re-shuffling of hospitals in that area. Washington Adventist has received approval to move from Takoma Park to White Oak. At this time, MHCC is reviewing the certificate of need (CON) application for the relocation of PG general from Cheverly to Largo. Part of that process is to get a map of who uses healthcare services in the area. It is possible that the survey you received is related to one of those hospital relocations (or just a general survey conducted by MHCC).

Thanks, that's making some sense. White Oak would be the closest hospital if WA moved there.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Certainly seems like a coincidence to me as I recently received my HQL but no such spam. However, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that no one is out to get you ;).

To be honest, I wasn't paranoid until I started reading this forum. Seeing all of these new laws and the mindset of the general population and government towards gun owners is very disturbing. My gun time was in the 60's where my buddies and I could hitchhike to our hunting/shooting areas carrying rifles or shotguns. Very very sad. :(

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    I got a similar questionnaire when I last visited my doctor's office. Was told it was for research regarding Medicare and utilization of social services. I was very circumspect about my answers.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I got a similar questionnaire when I last visited my doctor's office. Was told it was for research regarding Medicare and utilization of social services. I was very circumspect about my answers.

I'm certain now that my survey was triggered by the DHMH check but not in an underhanded way. If I had healthcare activity I probably would have already received it in the past regardless of the HQL.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    Thanks, that's making some sense. White Oak would be the closest hospital if WA moved there.

I know that Washington Adventist Hospital is moving further north in PG county, and that they just received their Certificate of Need. As part of the public hearing/input, people in the old and potential new neighborhoods received questionnaires from the DHMH.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Easy solution is recycling bin or shredder. I prefer the shredder for crap like that.

You should never answer such questionnaires. It can be used against you and, if opportunity allows, will be.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Within the last week and a half I have been getting someone calling me saying they are from the MD Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene and the want me to participate in a survey about mental health. I missed the call, but they called today around 1:30 also. Do you think the Dept of Health ... works on Sunday? Phone # is 410-767-6774

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Within the last week and a half I have been getting someone calling me saying they are from the MD Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene and the want me to participate in a survey about mental health. I missed the call, but they called today around 1:30 also. Do you think the Dept of Health ... works on Sunday? Phone # is 410-767-6774

Won't surprise me if they're going through the MD registered gun owners list. Those questionnaires are the same leftist garbage that VA uses to report veterans into NICS as disqualified, completely absent any due process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom