Maryland SB1 - any one caught violating?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I’m sure there’s plenty of gun owners who aren’t even aware of SB1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely true. I personally know of several. Not really "gun" people like us, but got their carry permits nevertheless and carry and have no idea.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Absolutely true. I personally know of several. Not really "gun" people like us, but got their carry permits nevertheless and carry and have no idea.

Still plenty of gun owners who don't yet realize the * Can * get a W&C , much less the subsequent rolling back

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Right, so carrying in public and going to stores should be ok.

3 Injunctions and one is subtle . The two main ones , oversimplified :

1. You Can again carry in a restaurant with a beer license .

2. Affirmative Vampire Signs are Not required.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I keep waiting to hear of someone that had to defend themselves from a deadly assault in an exclusion zone to see how it'll be handled.

That's probably the only way you will ever hear of someone "caught" carrying in a no-no zone.

I’m sure there’s plenty of gun owners who aren’t even aware of SB1

I’d bet there are plenty of cops who aren’t aware either

The whole point of the exercise has nothing to do with punishing criminals.

It has everything to do with criminalising law-abiding gun owners.

It will only be used to punish those who are forced to defend their lives with their legally owned firearms, while exercising their "right" to bear arms. That's why the police are generally unaware, and why there has been no effort to alert the public to the danger the General Assembly has put them in.

It's for the Show Trials, to further the Legislature-induced BGOS, to persuade legitimate gun owners to consider leaving Maryland, and to pander to those who see no evil, despite being robbed, carjacked and assaulted. Because otherwise, they'd be Racist Right-Wing Extremists.

Edit:
    I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just stop posting this sort of thing? I'm pretty sure most here understand the position, and beating a dead horse gets boring.

God knows I don't want to start a poll, nor do I want to be reduced to being seen as a noisy old crank muttering in a corner. Also, tilting at the same old windmill is rough on my joints, and I think my horse is dead.

Last edited:

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    3 Injunctions and one is subtle . The two main ones , oversimplified :

1. You Can again carry in a restaurant with a beer license .

2. Affirmative Vampire Signs are Not required.
    With respect to item #1: I thought the injunction allowed concealed carry only in liquor stores (ie. liquor retailers and not places serving alcohol) but to clarify is it now legal to carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol as long as I am not consuming alcohol ?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    With respect to item #1: I thought the injunction allowed concealed carry only in liquor stores (ie. liquor retailers and not places serving alcohol)
    The specific law challenged was not restricted to only liquor stores, but any business that serves alcohol.

but to clarify is it now legal to carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol as long as I am not consuming alcohol ?
    Yes, it applies to all of these.

There is NO prohibition in State Statute on consuming alcohol while carrying. Only to not carry while under the influence.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    The whole point of the exercise has nothing to do with punishing criminals.

It has everything to do with criminalising law-abiding gun owners.

It will only be used to punish those who are forced to defend their lives with their legally owned firearms, while exercising their "right" to bear arms. That's why the police are generally unaware, and why there has been no effort to alert the public to the danger the General Assembly has put them in.

It's for the Show Trials, to further the Legislature-induced BGOS, to persuade legitimate gun owners to consider leaving Maryland, and to pander to those who see no evil, despite being robbed, carjacked and assaulted. Because otherwise, they'd be Racist Right-Wing Extremists.

Edit:
    I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just stop posting this sort of thing? I'm pretty sure most here understand the position, and beating a dead horse gets boring.

God knows I don't want to start a poll, nor do I want to be reduced to being seen as a noisy old crank muttering in a corner. Also, tilting at the same old windmill is rough on my joints, and I think my horse is dead.
    Look out Luke we are heading to the rhubarb.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm sure of that. There are plenty of gun owners unaware of the HQL, designated collector letter, mag restrictions, etc.

Pretty much, I’ve touched base on this a few times; I know like 2 dozen-ish peeps with some type of firearm hobby and maybe only 1-3 people of that group actually consistently practice with firearms and are aware of things.

Everyone else is “oh, is that what the law is on that now?”

And these are all intelligent well respect folks of the community who I guess just aren’t interested in being consumed with paranoia falling down rabbit holes of stuff they don’t really about LOL

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    Bob A is totally correct. We know a few parts of sb1 are still in play. Has anyone that got arrested with a firearm been charged with any part of sb1. Yes it was designed to go after permit holders. But anyone without a permit should be equally charged. The same thing goes for state and Federal charges. All these criminals that are nabbed with a gun. How come we see almost no Federal charges against them. Example the squeegee kid at the harbor.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So that’s also a reason why we are not hearing cases of people getting caught violating sb1. I’m just reacting to some posts above. There might be some people not aware about the injunction order.
    Why would we hear about local SB1 violation arrests? We don't hear about most mundane, local, non news worthy crimes.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Why would we hear about local SB1 violation arrests? We don't hear about most mundane, local, non news worthy crimes.
    I could see the propagandists reporting on SB1 violations on behalf of their Annapolis overlords. "See? They break the laws all the time. They can't be trusted to carry guns in public."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom