• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    The crux:
    “This ordinance targets firearms dealers by imposing onerous and vague security requirements as a condition on doing business within the County. The ordinance also imposes harsh fines and other penalties against firearms dealers not in compliance. Whether a dealer is in compliance is determined at the whim and caprice of the police.”

We not only need a like button but also a love. Looks they they are getting an extra donation on top of my normal one this month.

GASSMAN

Feb 14, 2009
    Where is "Anglers" on this suit? Wonder why they didn't jump in, since they are the reason the bill exists when they put 21 stolen guns on the street...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Good stuff! I don't know why I held off joining MSI for so long, but now I'm danged glad that I did. I need to renew my membership soon, and I will with no hesitation.

I thought that the bill on unserialized frames and receivers was bad, but as bad as that bill was, the bill regarding security requirements for MD gun stores is by far worse because the whole point was to make it so expensive and hard to achieve that it will ultimately lead to the shuttering of many LGS's.

Maybe the other counties will follow suit with similar legislation.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    giphy.gif

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That's a labor of love. You will have to buy several handguns and try them out to see which one will be your regular carry gun. Then, of course, you'll need a backup pocket pistol and there are lots of choices there. So many guns, so little time....
    The guns are no problem. Half of my overfull safe contents are guns suitable for carry.

The problem is being old and retired. With no business to protect, elderly and on blood thinners which leave me vulnerable to cerebral haemorrhage and subsequent vegetative state in a physical attack, all I have to fall back on is personal self-protection, which Maryland deems an insufficient reason to be considered for a permit.

All I can do is stay out of Baltimore.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There's been a lot of filings in this case since the page was last updated. Be sure to check out the latest filing, made in light of NYSRPA v. Bruen.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    There's been a lot of filings in this case since the page was last updated. Be sure to check out the latest filing, made in light of NYSRPA v. Bruen.

Yes. I read this. Must seal the fate of the Bill 109-21. Unconstitutional......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom