• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Busy day at the rally....I was the guy in the brown leather jacket and tam passing out NRA signs. Probably met at least a few of you. Thanks for taking the time to come out today.

Anyhow, when the sheriffs representing six of the eight Eastern Shore counties arrived, Sheriff Mike Lewis of Wicomico County approached me, and with a firm handshake, looked me in the eye and thanked me for what I was doing. H pledged his full support for our cause. He was joined by Sheriff Reggie Mason of Worcester County, Sheriff Dallas Pope of Talbot County, Sheriff Gary Hoffman of Queen Anne's County, Sheriff John Price of Kent Couhty, and Sheriff Randy Bounds of Caroline County. I was told that Sheriff Jim Phillips of Dorchester County wanted to attend but had other obligations and could not. These men came together as a show of solidarity for the 2nd amendment. I have the utmost respect for each of them. Conspicuously absent was the sheriff of Somerset County. I would be interested in knowing his position on our rights.

After the rally ended, I met Sheriff Mike Evans of Calvert County, another staunch gun-rights supporter.

I am disappointed that the Sheriff of Howard County, where I live, Jim Fitzgerald, refuses to take a position on matters of gun control. I voted for the man, and am saddened to see that, even after numerous queries as to his stand, he prefers to be a politician, rather than an elected servant for the people and champion of constitutional rights.

The Eastern Shore lawmen spoke openly and candidly with the attendees. They had no security staff, and mingled comfortably with the crowd, treating all of us as equals.

Compare that to Baltimore County Police Chief Michael Johnson. He apparantly had business in one of the buildings adjacent to Lawyer's Mall. Flanked by four bodyguards, he slinked past the crowd wearing a look of either disdain or constipation on his face. I remarked to one of his security men that if he wasn't wearing that mike in his ear, I'd give him a sign. "No comment.", he said with a sly smile.

I also spoke with several MdTA cops that were doing security. I was told by one that "....if I wasn't working, I'd be right there with you!" His colleagues smiled and nodded in agreement.

Contrary to what O'Malley, Johnson and others may say, I firmly believe that the vast majority of LEOs in Maryland OPPOSE any further restrictions on the 2nd amendement.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Yes Indeed, I was inspired to see all those Patriots on that stage at once.! I made sure to thank each one of them for their support.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Busy day at the rally....I was the guy in the brown leather jacket and tam passing out NRA signs. Probably met at least a few of you. Thanks for taking the time to come out today.

Anyhow, when the sheriffs representing six of the eight Eastern Shore counties arrived, Sheriff Mike Lewis of Wicomico County approached me, and with a firm handshake, looked me in the eye and thanked me for what I was doing. H pledged his full support for our cause. He was joined by Sheriff Reggie Mason of Worcester County, Sheriff Dallas Pope of Talbot County, Sheriff Gary Hoffman of Queen Anne's County, Sheriff John Price of Kent Couhty, and Sheriff Randy Bounds of Caroline County. I was told that Sheriff Jim Phillips of Dorchester County wanted to attend but had other obligations and could not. These men came together as a show of solidarity for the 2nd amendment. I have the utmost respect for each of them. Conspicuously absent was the sheriff of Somerset County. I would be interested in knowing his position on our rights.

After the rally ended, I met Sheriff Mike Evans of Calvert County, another staunch gun-rights supporter.

I am disappointed that the Sheriff of Howard County, where I live, Jim Fitzgerald, refuses to take a position on matters of gun control. I voted for the man, and am saddened to see that, even after numerous queries as to his stand, he prefers to be a politician, rather than an elected servant for the people and champion of constitutional rights.

The Eastern Shore lawmen spoke openly and candidly with the attendees. They had no security staff, and mingled comfortably with the crowd, treating all of us as equals.

Compare that to Baltimore County Police Chief Michael Johnson. He apparantly had business in one of the buildings adjacent to Lawyer's Mall. Flanked by four bodyguards, he slinked past the crowd wearing a look of either disdain or constipation on his face. I remarked to one of his security men that if he wasn't wearing that mike in his ear, I'd give him a sign. "No comment.", he said with a sly smile.

I also spoke with several MdTA cops that were doing security. I was told by one that "....if I wasn't working, I'd be right there with you!" His colleagues smiled and nodded in agreement.

Contrary to what O'Malley, Johnson and others may say, I firmly believe that the vast majority of LEOs in Maryland OPPOSE any further restrictions on the 2nd amendement.

A large majority of our department is pro 2a for all law abiding citizens. I can promise you all in attendance are extremely pro 2a.

Mar 20, 2012
    Conspicuously absent was the sheriff of Somerset County. I would be interested in knowing his position on our rights.

Hmm, you're not the only one...

I may have to send him an email. For what it's worth, County Commissioner Simpkins testified on February 6th and on the 1st.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County

Where did you see Sheriff Mike Evans of Calvert County? I missed him. But I am extremely glad he was there! Was he at the rally, in support of us? If you can confirm, I've got a thank you e-mail and phone call to take care of tomorrow.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I'm really impressed with the cadre of MD Sheriffs who have come out in open and cogent support of 2A in these recent hearings and rallies. Maybe the majority of their constituents are similarly inclined, but it still takes guts and determination to oppose the current State political leadership. The Sheriffs make the State Police look like a bunch of sycophants. No offense to anyone here intended, of course. It's just nice to see people speaking and acting like free men.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    Hmm, you're not the only one...

I may have to send him an email. For what it's worth, County Commissioner Simpkins testified on February 6th and on the 1st.

Let us shorebillies know if Sheriff Jones gives you a response. Curious about his views myself.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I was glad to see them all there! And, they seemed very comfortable with our company. Got a chance to talk with Sheriff Hoffman and was glad to see he was with us. Seems like another good day!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I heard that Mike Evens from Calvert was there to , And is not a supporter of these bills.

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    Agree Safecracker, the Maryland Sheriffs were awesome. Thanks for the NRA sign.

2013-03-05_10-53-38_388_zps1991aae8.jpg

USMCTC

Jan 16, 2012
    We can't forget that Sheriff Jenkins of Frederick County was there on the 1st to testify against SB281. Another good Sheriff on our side.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Where is the Cecil County Sheriff? I still not can get any answer or find documentation on his position. Sheriff Mike Lewis is always good for motivating anyone.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Glad to know my Sheriff Mike Evans was there, I had sent him a letter asking if he stood with the MD Sheriff's Association and US in our fight against Anti Gun Politicians. I hadn't received a response from him but again glad to know he is in the fight as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom