~Maryland Shooters Forum Knife: Benchmade Griptilian AXIS —NEWEST THREAD w/ UPDATES!—

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If we did the forum knife with the listed models & prices, will you participate???

• YES---I would like 1 (ONE) Mini-Griptilian (model 556)

Votes: 51 44.3%
    • YES---I would like 2 (TWO) Mini-Griptilians (model 556)

Votes: 4 3.5%
    • YES---I would like 3 or more (THREE & +) Mini-Griptilians (model 556)

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • YES---I would like 1 (ONE) Full-Sized Griptilian (model 551)

Votes: 60 52.2%
    • YES---I would like 2 (TWO) Full-Sized Griptilians (model 551)

Votes: 2 1.7%
    • YES---I would like 3 or more (THREE & +) Full-Sized Griptilians (model 551)

• NO---I am NOT interested in a forum knife with the proposed models/options

• NO---I am NOT interested in a forum knife with the proposed prices

Votes: 2 1.7%
    • NO---I am NOT interested in a forum knife AT ALL (not interested regardless of the details)

Votes: 3 2.6%
    • UNDECIDED---I am not sure

Votes: 8 7.0%
    • OTHER---Please Specify

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    ~Maryland Shooters Forum Knife: Benchmade Griptilian AXIS —NEWEST THREAD w/ U...

Sounds like tan and black blade is pretty popular. :)

I appreciate your efforts OP!!

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    Woops clicked on one mini instead of three :rolleyes:

I'm in for what ever color the group agrees on but I do dig the satin blade a bit more than the black (I like looking at my steel).

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Not at this point. I want to wait a little while to get a close tally. I will make a thread in GB and WC sections to see if anyone else is interested. I am hoping some people who are LEOs/military/fire will have interest in possibly getting their coworkers in on it (it's a good knife and a good price so can you go wrong?!)

blaze720

Mar 28, 2014
    Great idea. First time poster...long time lurker. A full size tan with black blade sounds great...but am fine with the consensus of the group.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not at this point. I want to wait a little while to get a close tally. I will make a thread in GB and WC sections to see if anyone else is interested. I am hoping some people who are LEOs/military/fire will have interest in possibly getting their coworkers in on it (it's a good knife and a good price so can you go wrong?!)

I apologize for not getting back with you in a timley manner but my cheap guys I work with aren't intrested because they carry crappy knives and are cheap!!

I wanted to publicly post that vs a PM so that people can see NIck is trying to get the knife count up to make this work for you guys!

Again sorry for the delay!!

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I would like 2 black/green minis...or whatever color combo the majority decides.

Thank you very much, NickZac, for organizing this!

Easy CZ

Feb 7, 2014
    Oklahoma

Awesome. I'm in for at least one. I'm a fan of OD, but whichever gets the most votes works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Sorry, I see now its not assisted, but am still interested.

While it isn't assisted, I think you will find AXIS to be faster than most assisted and most automatics. With the position of the lock bolt, it gives a lot more stability in opening/closing because of where it places the hand. Unlike assisted and autos, you can also close AXIS just as fast as you opened it, making it a truly easy one-handed closer. I actually prefer it over assisted for that reason.

Info on AXIS if you are interested...
    https://www.benchmade.com/products/mechanisms.aspx

dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    Voted mini-Grip, but I would probably spring for a full-sized if the order went that direction instead.

Would prefer OD scales, followed by tan, followed by blue. Anything but black scales. Preferred. But if you go black, I'd still spring for one.

Too much information?

ETA: We are talking about plain blade, not half serrated, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom