Maryland State Police OFFICIALLY allows Concealed Carry in State Highway Rest Areas

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avsterbone

Aug 27, 2023
    Michigan
    I reached out to the Maryland State Police & State Attorney General's Office last month due to conflicting statements regarding the current legal status of being able to legally carry a concealed firearm at State Highway Rest Areas. To my pleasant surprise, they actually listened to me! Their website is now updated to reflect this change. https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...singDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx

You can review my email and changes made on my Twitter here:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So , if I'm understanding , you convinced MSP to make their website comply with the ( pre-existing ) Actual Law ?

avsterbone

Aug 27, 2023
    Michigan
    Am I missing something here?
    That was my roundabout comment in post #2.
    The MSP website isn't law.
    The MSP website may not be the law, but the plentiful low-IQ members of MDSP sure treat it as such. The reality is having more clarity never hurts.

So , if I'm understanding , you convinced MSP to make their website comply with the ( pre-existing ) Actual Law ?
    Correct. For whatever reason the guidance listed on that webpage didn't actually reflect the law for some reason. I brought it to their attention and they fixed it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMG_3471.jpeg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    The MSP website may not be the law, but the plentiful low-IQ members of MDSP sure treat it as such. The reality is having more clarity never hurts.

Correct. For whatever reason the guidance listed on that webpage didn't actually reflect the law for some reason. I brought it to their attention and they fixed it.
    So, the guy in the video spent all his money getting the window tint removed from his windshield and not a lawyer?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    When will this happen for us?
    The lawsuit is currently PENDING.

9/30/2023

On behalf of our members and in partnership with the Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition, Maryland Shall Issue and three individual plaintiffs are challenging unconstitutional aspects of SB 1, the so-called “Gun Safety Act of 2023” in the US District Court for the District of Maryland. SB 1 effectively nullifies the "general right to carry in public" for carry permit holders confirmed by the Supreme Court's decision NYSRPA v. Bruen just this last June. It does so by banning firearms in a whole host of locations otherwise open to the public, including places like stores and shops, restaurants, museums, and healthcare facilities. The suit also challenges the general ban on possession of firearms on public transit owned or controlled by the State Mass Transit Administration and in the tens of thousands of acres of woodlands in State parks, State forests, and State Chesapeake forest lands. We have every confidence that we will prevail in whole or in part in this suit.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now we need State Park carry.

When will this happen for us?

@eruby says CMC, EBMD.

@teratos notes:
    "The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."(16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256)

Monitor your risk/reward ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom