• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dant98

Oct 25, 2013
    For those who weren't already aware, Maryland passed a bill this year to regulate what they are calling "Untraceable Firearms", including Personally Made Firearms. (https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0387)

This does not specifically discuss 80% frames/receivers, but broadly captures anything that can be "readily be machined, completed, or converted to a functional frame/receiver" as needing to be treated as a frame/receiver and additionally anything that is considered a frame or receiver must be marked with serialization markings that comply with the ATF rules that went into effect on 24 August. All such existing components must be compliant by 1 March 2023 and any subsequent materials will need to be marked within 30 days of reaching this state. I think they also require these items to be registered after serialization.

Now, I think the ATF ruling that Maryland is tying this to has some court cases tied to it already. I'm curious what happens if the court cases deem that those ATF rulings are not legally enforceable, does that have an impact on this MD bill?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Already a long running thread on this topic

dant98

Oct 25, 2013
    Already a long running thread on this topic

Thanks Mike. I thought there might be, but didn't see an easy way to search a subsection of the forum. I guess I should have just searched the forum for sb387

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom