• ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Need more information.....

stampings etc.....

An all matching bringback? definitely

An SS marked russian capture? probably to the white power guys.

A standard russian capture? No way.

Their czech vz24's are nice, since they have the crest and bayonets available...

Just checked out their site...the 98's are sold out already, so I guess someone was willing to pay that....

(note: they were only listed on the main page, not the c and r page...)

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    A standard russian capture? No way.
    Not for a standard RC German K98 Mauser but I have close to that in mine.
    Years ago I got a "42" code with no X stamp , a near perfect bore and very nice Russian re-blue from AIM for $189.99 + S&H
    Bought a Norweigan capture stock with all the correct WaA 655 stamps off E-Pay from a guy in the Netherlands for $180 shipped.
    Then I spent over 5 years of time finding/trading for WaA 655 stamped trggerguard , floorplate , follwer and rear sights (of course the serial #'s were still wrong but all start with a 3).
    Their was no real cost for those parts since I traded for them with the parts and stock set that came with the rifle.
    The bolt is still the original RC electro-pencil to match one but it is in good shape and works well so I will leave it as is.
    I have close to $400 cash + time in a RC K98 Mauser but it's a real nice one ;)

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Restorations almost always cost more than buying complete.

Which is one of the reasons why several of my garands are a few parts shy of correct...

I started matching up the winchester but the missing parts are awfully expensive, one of the inherent difficulties with a first contract rifle...

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    To be honest I forgot about the cost of the cleaning rod , sight hood , capture screws and an Israeli Mauser sling I had to buy.
    Guess I am over $400 on this one :D
    I don't think I would do it again and if I did not have such a nice platform to start with I would never had put the extra $ in it.
    Some of the RC K98 Mausers I have seen are in rough shape with frosted bores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom