• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb51

Okay, I'm turning it over in my mind, and I may pull the trigger. I've had just about every kind of .22 rifle out there, the Remington bolt actions, Ruger 10/22's, Winchester bolt actions, Marlin model 60's, Marlin 39 lever actions, even an old Armalite AR-7. The only rifles I kept were a Remington 552 speed master, and a Marlin 39. Botyh kind of benchmark rifles in the reliability department. Something I'm OCD and anal on.

Now I'm at a stage where I want a nice accurate bolt action old school rifle. Read that wood stock/blue steel. I don't like the black synthetic and ugly finish that comes on guns now. I'm drawn to the CZ's for the old school style, and reputation for both accuracy and long term reliability. I like the trainer, but also am drawn to the cadet due to the compact size for transport.

Are all the models pretty much the same level of accuracy, or is there large differences? I plan to stay with metallic sights.

Thanks.

cb51

Darn, I'd love to, but we have a Vespa ride scheduled for the morning, and that will run into afternoon. My other love, vintage Vespa motor scooters's. Can I get a rain check? If you meet again, I just may have to show up and drink the koolaid. I hear they can be habit forming, and hard to own just one.

cb.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    cb51-you can't go wrong with a CZ. They are pretty much all just as accurate. If you want to stay with iron sites consider a Trainer/Special, Lux, Full Stock or the looong Ultra Lux. As Maxi says, hit the rimfirecentral.com forums. There are several good places to order from. Whittakers, Jet Guns and CZ Custom to name a few.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    To get good factory sights you need to stay with the 452. The 455's are a step back. If you are getting a 452, think quickly, they are going fast. And I'm not kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom