• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I hate only having one gun in a specific caliber, have a compulsion to have at least two to justify stocking deep on ammo. I have the LCP Max in the safe, but realized that it's my only .380. Any suggestions for another in the caliber? The three that I've always had in mind are the Glock G42, Browning 1911-380, and, of course, a PPK. Anything that I'm missing from contention or any flaws in the aforementioned three? No need to reply with 9mm or .45 is better than .380. I already have multiple guns in those calibers at the ready and that dead horse is already a dead horse.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Beretta 85 comes to mind. I've recently fallen in love with the 80-series Beretta compacts. Sure they're "dated" according to many but they're rugged guns that fit my hand well

Also have an 81 but that's in .32 ACP

Neighbor has a 42. It's so hilariously small it hardly fits my totally average sized hands.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    As much as I love a GLOCK, the PPK is the quintessential .380.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Beretta 85 comes to mind. I've recently fallen in love with the 80-series Beretta compacts. Sure they're "dated" according to many but they're rugged guns that fit my hand well

Neighbor has a 42. It's so hilariously small it hardly fits my totally average sized hands.

I'm fairly sure that I saw one of those on here recently that actually stoked the wild hair to find another .380. Need to do some research and see what's actually available.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Depending on how often you help out new shooters - especially the ladies - consider keeping a S&W M&P EZ in .380 around. Butter to load and shoot.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I really like my PPK/S. I feel like a lot of people write them off as too old, too heavy, too whatever. I also end up thinking they've never shot one. I've put mine in several friend's hands at the range, and they get big grins and tell me it's now what they were expecting. I would get the PPK/S over the PPK to get the longer grip and an extra round of capacity. Also of note, people historically complained about getting some slide/hammer bite from them. The current production has a longer beaver tail that takes care of that.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County

M&P® 380 SHIELD™ EZ®​

Had a chance to check one out a while back. Almost ripped the slide off due to how easy it was to rack.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland

I'm fairly sure that I saw one of those on here recently that actually stoked the wild hair to find another .380. Need to do some research and see what's actually available.

I might have anther for sale... I'll send ya a PM.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    The Glock 42 shoots great, I even picked up a threaded 9mak barrel. It’s very comfortable just wish the capacity was higher.

I like that it has a browning action vs straight blowback like a ppk or other 380s.

Thanks

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    I feel the same way about having two in each caliber. I have a Sig P238 and a Walter PK380. I love the 238, and honestly, the PK380 has over 1000 rounds through it and never let me down. Easy to shoot as well.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Ever since Major Boothroyd told Bond when he was issued his Walther by Ian Fleming’s quintessential armourer from MI-6’s Q Division.

“Walther PPK, 7.65 millimeter, with a delivery like a brick through a plate-glass window. The American CIA swear by them.”

The Walther PPK/s became quintessentially the classy pistol for .380 because of Bond, James Bond 007 who is the quintessential British Secret Agent we were all introduced to in the opening scenes of Ian Fleming’s “Dr No” which is, as we all know, the quintessential James Bond film for the entire series since were introduced to Sean Connery who is the quintessential James Bond.
    D8E0318D-EBE9-44AC-A898-BE0BEE3A0E9A.jpeg

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    A PPK/S is a must in a 380 collection. There are now better carry options, but it’s a classic...

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I would go Walther PPK, Browning 1911 or Bond Arms derringer if I dared to be different.
    I always liked derringers but never bought one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom