• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    This has to be a joke??, Yes, yes it is, it is a joke...

Coalition of 18 Attorneys General Argue Large-Capacity Magazines Are Not Protected by the Second Amendment Because They Are Not Commonly Used for Self-Defense  

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Coalition of 18 Attorneys General Argue Large-Capacity Magazines Are Not Protected by the Second Amendment Because They Are Not Commonly Used for Self-Defense  
    Well...maybe not "large capacity" but standard capacity mags are in common use. ;)

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015

Mind bending, isn't it? The only places they aren't "commonly used" is where they've been banned!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "...Because They Are Not Commonly Used for Self-Defense "

Who came up with "Self-Defense" as a 2A defining/limiting criterion?

I thought it was to protect "hunting." :sarcasm:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    “ I am committed to keeping common-sense restrictions in place on these deadly devices.”
    They don’t want to use common-sense on anything else.
    Whenever the buzzword "common sense" needs to be used to sell something, it is anything but common sense. They want you to think you are an idiot, without common sense, if you disagree with them. Hearing that buzzword from anybody just infuriates me. It is a polite way of saying, "I'm smarter than you and I know what is best for you".

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Whenever the buzzword "common sense" needs to be used to sell something, it is anything but common sense. They want you to think you are an idiot, without common sense, if you disagree with them. Hearing that buzzword from anybody just infuriates me. It is a polite way of saying, "I'm smarter than you and I know what is best for you".

This here ^^^ is just common sense.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    US v. Miller - Wasn't it said with this case that the 2nd Amendment only protected arms that could be used by the military?

BTW, what exactly is a high capacity mag? IMHO, any magazine that comes with the gun that the manufacture deems fit is a standard capacity mag. For example, if a Glock 19 comes with a 15 rounder, then that's the standard size for it. Now if you go buy an aftermarket mag that holds 30, then you might be able to consider it a high capacity mag. But if my understanding on US v. Miller is correct, if the military might use it, we the people should also be able to use it.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    It is interesting that some of the states joining in on the amicus brief don’t, themselves, have magazine limits. :shrug:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

boo frosh.jpg

They're not in common use? Interesting...

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    :thumbsup:

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    The terms "common use" and "capacity" are purely subjective terms that are subject to revision every time politicians want to erode our rights a little further.

High capacity: 30 rounds
    20 rounds
    10 rounds
    8 rounds
    5 rounds
    Finally, confiscation.

Of course, this is all just pure speculation on my part, and just my opinion. I'm not saying that it's a fact. Please feel free to disregard. :innocent0

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    "Coalition of 18 Attorneys General Argue Large-Capacity Magazines Are Not Protected by the Second Amendment Because They Are Not Commonly Used for Self-Defense"

As posted 99.9% of uniformed LEO's and Fish Cops, 100% Military use standard (Large-Capacity Magazines).

If everybody carried a five shot J frame these asshats would still be after the anything over four shots.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    You could get a thousand attorney's together to sign this trash and it'd still be unconstitutional. How dumb are we.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I guess we all will just have to get something that's belt-fed then

There was a sale on some belted 7.62x51 years ago that I picked up pretty cheap. I can’t tell you how long it took me with a pair of pliers to remove the 500 rounds and the mess of clips to clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The Cali infection of arizona had been going on for a while. no surprise.

a couple more years, Cali expats will have it solid blue

This is why simply moving to a more conservative state won’t work. Leftists and their policies must be fought everywhere because eventually it will come to wherever you are

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    There was a sale on some belted 7.62x51 years ago that I picked up pretty cheap. I can’t tell you how long it took me with a pair of pliers to remove the 500 rounds and the mess of clips to clean up.

There is a more enjoyable way to delink ammo belts. :gun7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom